Mini Hostas

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
gamekeeper

Mini Hostas

Post by gamekeeper »

Want to start a collection Of Mini s can I get recommendations as I am clueless.Don't own one yet.
Thanks,
Peter
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Re: Mini Hostas

Post by Ginger »

I don't have any true mini's, but I understand the 'Mouse" hosta such as 'Blue Mouse Ears" etc are all adorable.

Ginger
Did I mention I grow my Hosta in pots?
loisf

Post by loisf »

The ones that have been really successful for me are Blue Mouse Ears, Baby Bunting, Lakeside Baby Face, Dixie Chick, Kifukurin Ko Mame, Green with Envy, Green Eyes and Hi Ho Silver. Some of these are classified as small rather than dwarf, or mini.
redcrx
USDA Zone: 7

Post by redcrx »

I like Hacksaw and Little Treasure. Also like Lemon Frost. I think they are all minis.
Ed McHugh, Sicklerville NJ
ImageMockingbird feeding juvenile yellow raisons - never leave home without them.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Blue Mouse Ears, Cherish, Cracker Crumbs, Just So, L. Babyface ....is adorable!, Little Miss Magic.....not sure this is a *mini*, mine is really cute/small....Not So, Popo, is adorable!!....Radio Waves, Hideout, Silver Threads and Golden Needles, Shiny Penny, Thumbelina....

Can you tell I just updated my list? :lol: :lol:
kaylyred
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by kaylyred »

Here's 'Mighty Mouse,' 'Blue Mouse Ears,' and 'Cat's Eye' in my little cat and mouse garden. All are new for me this season (except 'Blue Mouse Ears,' which I have growing in several spots in my yard.) They're all growing well. 'Cat's Eye' is tiny and adorable.

~ Karen

Check out Petiole Junction, my gardening blog!
See my little hosta list
I've also got a garden photo gallery.
flowerchild59

Post by flowerchild59 »

I am making a slightly raised bed that is going to be the "cat and mouse" themed bed. It will have blue mouse ears, greeen ME, snow mouse, country mouse, frosted ME,royal ME, mighty mouse, holy ME, kitty cat, red kitty, and cats eyes. If I can find any other ones on the small side with the cat and mouse theme I will add them. i am also looking for the appropriate garden decorations for this bed.

I also am in the process of making a mini raised bed that will have dwarf conifers, a few hostas and sedums that will be fairy themed (for the grandkids and me to play with :lol: . I am finding all sorts of cool items to put in it.
On the keyboard of life always keep one finger on the escape key.
Cheryl
My Hosta List
gamekeeper

Post by gamekeeper »

Mason hollow had open house this past weekend .They specialize in Hosta,so made a quick run down there and got a nice selection.Now waiting for the McCoy pots I bouyght on EBAY to put them in.
ViolaAnn
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by ViolaAnn »

There is a picture thread on the Cubits site which is dedicated to minis - http://cubits.org/Hostas/thread/view/19187/
My own photos start about 1/3 of the way down the thread but there are others as well. Go have a look. You MAY have to sign in, but there is no membership fee.

Ann
Ann
Pictures of Ann's Hostas:
http://violaann.smugmug.com/Garden/Host ... 361_qL3gHS (SmugMug gallery now updated for 2016)
New Topic Post Reply