Lakeside Foaming Sea

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
Bigdaddy1
USDA Zone: 5

Lakeside Foaming Sea

Post by Bigdaddy1 »

Morning everyone!

I picked up a few hostas the other day, one of which was a liner of Lakeside foaming sea. I bought it b/c of the picture on the tag. It is not in the Hosta Library nor can I find much info on the internet. Does anyone know about this hosta or have pictures of older specimens? Sizing, sun tolerance, growth rate? :hmm: I Know it is yellow with a pie crust edge and it appears to be puckered in the picture.

I also picked up a nice striptease and a sunpower from Giboshihill Hostas. Nice folks. I will definatley go back.

Hit the Cobourg Home Depot too and bought 4 Endless Summer Blushing Bride Hydrangeas for around the new deck. Can't wait to see them in bloom.

Later,

Chris.
hippieindenial
USDA Zone: 5b

Re: Lakeside Foaming Sea

Post by hippieindenial »

Did you tell them I sent you? LOL :cool:
Glad to hear you liked it there.
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

I have not heard of this hosta yet, but I did find a page on it at Q&Z nursery websited.
THey list it as a medium to slow grower, a hybrid of a seedling X Sun Glow; 18" high X 46" wide
at maturity. Moderately corrugated with good substance.
With no other answers so far, you may be the only one from the forum growing it!

Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
jobranch
USDA Zone: 7B

Post by jobranch »

Sounds like you had a big day buying plants. I got hooked on hydrangea this year and among my purchases is a Endless Summer Twist and Shout lacecap, just one though.
Bigdaddy1

Post by Bigdaddy1 »

Sorry Vanessa, I didn't tell them you sent me. Do you get a free hosta with every referal? :lol: Actually my wife found that place when she was driving home from work down in Baltimore one day. I never made the connection until we went there and I saw the name on the side of their truck.

Linda, thanks for the info. I found that too at Q&Z's website. That's where the plant came from. I guess I will have to wait and see what it matures into. I will keep you all posted. Remind me to take some pictures over the next few years to show its progress.

The Twist and Shout is very nice from what I've seen. I hope it does well for you.

Chris.
hippieindenial
USDA Zone: 5b

Post by hippieindenial »

Nope, I don't get free plants :lol: but I love it when people go to places I love and enjoy it, too.
It's also good for them to know how they are getting new business!! Obviously their signage is doing a great job.

How did your deck turn out?
Bigdaddy1

Post by Bigdaddy1 »

hippieindenial wrote: How did your deck turn out?

It is a work in progress. Here is the last photo I have of it. We have since put on all the facia boards, lattice skirting and a 2x8 backer boards all the way around to put raised beds around the foundation of the deck. The deck dimensions are roughly 30 feet by 18 feet. We also have two access doors that will swing up so we have access under the deck to store stuff (loss of garden space, my wifes idea!) for the winter. I will have to get some more recent photos up here. Still no beds yet however. Hopefully in August as my wife has a month long break from her courses. Then baby comes early September :D

Hopefully in a few more years we will be able to reside the house in vinal.
Attachments
Deck.JPG
Deck.JPG (34.46 KiB) Viewed 687 times
jagd

Post by jagd »

I got Lakeside Foaming Sea this years too, and had trouble finding info on it. Still too young to show it's form, but it is putting up new leaves.
By the way love your deck. Just a thought on the Vinyl, if your siding is still good, but you don't like the color, a solid hide stain works great. Used it on our house to match cedar up with new construction vinyl siding 10 years ago. Never changed the rest because it is such a good match. Good gardening
New Topic Post Reply