Hallson gathering group photo - 2010

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

HostaDesigner

Hallson gathering group photo - 2010

Post by HostaDesigner »

I just got back from the Hallson gathering. What a great group of people! It was my pleasure to meet all of you finally after years of online postings.

Thanks for the GREAT TIME! :beer: I'll post more pics soon.

Original size pic here if others would like prints:
http://home.comcast.net/~mgroothuis/Hal ... p_Full.jpg
barbara

Re: Hallson gathering group photo

Post by barbara »

Very nice group shot...I recognize many, but many are new too. Everyone looks happy :-) One day, I will make it there too.
Thank you for sharing the pic. :D
Marlys
USDA Zone: 5B

Post by Marlys »

What FUN :!:

Just think, I could have been there too if only Reldon didn't think I talk too much and had let me tag along with him. :(
Maybe next year I'll promise to duct tape my mouth shut and beg unmercifully to go along until someone has to say, "Yes! you can go along." :idea:

But truly, Reldon talks more than me :wink:

Looks like a great day with great friends. I see my friend, Dr. Dave there too. And my good friend Linda P. And some other familiar faces too, Joan & Art. And Lucy Goose is that really you? Looks like the Canada team had a good showing.

I want to hear about the Hosta Games too & the plant exchange & the food too.

MM
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Heyyyyyyyyy, yep it's realy me, Marlys!!! Mike, that is really a great picture!! I had the best time!! I love seeing eveyone!! And it was great to see our sweet Linda! It has been years since I have seen her!! We will be home later today, so, I will have to post more later.......

Thanks Chris and Brian for a great weekend and the weather was the best, too!! Perfect!!! :beer: :beer:
John

Post by John »

Great group! Any chance of labelling a copy of the large photo to ID everyone? That would be cool...
DBoweMD

Post by DBoweMD »

Fantastic photo Mike!
What an awesome day! I am happy to have brought Herbie and Joan Altman along for the first time, hope we can all come back again!
Thanks Chris and Brian for being such great hosts!
I'll post some pics eventually.
Dave
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

Great picture. This has to be the absolute best group shot I've ever seen with that many people.

In the back row: HostaDesigner (Mike - also the photographer), Paul, Brian Hall (with the Michigan shirt), Art, and Wayne.
Next row: Bonnie, Linda P, Dave Bowe, Jacque Wilson (my stepmom), Mike Steg., Shirley, Jay (lucygoose's Husband)
Next row: Lela, Joan Altman, Mary, another Linda P, then Reldon
Next row: Stephanie Steg., Pat, Lucygoose, Lynn (lessadragon)
Bottom row: Herbie, Jon (Pat's Husband), and me (Chris Wilson)

Missing from the picture was Char (she had to leave early) and Bryan (Mary's husband). Did we miss anyone else from this group photo?

I think everyone had a great time, including myself. I'm still laughing and smiling about Paul sharing his seedlings from the trunk of his car. I kept imagining a back-alley transaction with someone saying, "Pssst! How would you like some primo hostas?" :lol:

Thanks again everyone for a great day - can someone else give a rundown of the events? I'm still trying to regroup/recoup for the moment ;)
Minnow
USDA Zone: 6
Location: Henderson County 35 19' 12.15" N 82 35' 40.40" W Elevation2143

Post by Minnow »

I miss being able to drive all the way up there to see y'all Mayybe somday when this event is scheduled on a weekend when I am off from work Tony & I will make it up there again!!

Those first 4 years were the best! I miss Brenda still!
Elizabeth

No man needs a vacation as bad as the man who has just had one.
jobranch
USDA Zone: 7B

Post by jobranch »

It does look like you all had fun. Maybe I can drive up from Alabama one of these days.
pauhaus
USDA Zone: 5b

Post by pauhaus »

What a great photo Mike! It was such a great time seeing everyone and meeting Linda P, new Linda and Mike for the first time, also Herb and Joan A. I always look forward to it and am glad I could make it, the food and company can't be beat. Thanks to Chris and Brian for throwing this get-together, they are the best. And Chris, I was just sharing the hosta love, maybe I should have worn a trench coat... :lol: Thanks again.
Last edited by pauhaus on Aug 03, 2010 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul
My Hosta List

“With fronds like you, who needs anemones.”
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

So Paul is now dealing in Black Market Hostas, huh? :lol: I hope someone got a pic of that!
That really is a wonderful pic of the group! So many faces I recognize and I sure do hate that I had to miss it again. I'll probably miss it next year too since my DD is getting married in August. You all look great! I can't get over how much weight you have lost , Chris! You look fantastic! :D
Question for you......did anyone stay at the Claddaugh B&B? That is where I usually stay, but I know the owners were planning on selling it. Just wondering if it is now under new ownership and what your experience was at the B&B?
I'm looking forward to seeing more pics! :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
steg
USDA Zone: 5

Post by steg »

We didn't stay at the Claddaugh, but did see a "For Sale" sign in the front yard of it. Not sure what 's going on there. Sorry.

However, the Brickhouse B&B was great. I would highly recommend it if anyone goes by and needs a place to stay.

Steph and I had a wonderful time again. Chris and Brian put on a wonderful event - couldn't ask for a better time.
To the world you may be one, but to one you may be the world.

My List: viewtopic.php?f=62&t=48366&p=425413#p425413
rosemarie

Post by rosemarie »

Great to put some faces with names, but I had to keep going back and forth between picturesd and I am sure I got some connections wrong. If I can print both posts I will. I love knowing who the folks were that have been so sweet the last months since I lost Lew. Sounds like you all had a great time. :lol:
Lovin' the great northwest!
steg

Post by steg »

changed photo a little, maybe this will help.. see below post
Last edited by steg on Aug 02, 2010 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

steg

Post by steg »

HostaDesigner wrote: Image
In the back row: HostaDesigner (Mike - also the photographer), Paul, Brian Hall (with the Michigan shirt), Art, and Wayne.
Next row: Bonnie, Linda P, Dave Bowe, Jacque Wilson (my stepmom), Mike Steg., Shirley, Jay (lucygoose's Husband)
Next row: Lela, Joan Altman, Mary, another Linda P, then Reldon
Next row: Stephanie Steg., Pat, Lucygoose, Lynn (lessadragon)
Bottom row: Herbie, Jon (Pat's Husband), and me (Chris Wilson)

Missing from the picture was Char (she had to leave early) and Bryan (Mary's husband)

Linda P

Post by Linda P »

What a great time I had! Thanks, Chris and Brian, for hosting and for all the things you do for the Hallson family.
There's a new one to add to the list: Saturday morning the ear piece just fell out of my glasses. I'm blind without them,
did not have a spare pare along, and couldn't even see what was wrong with them. Chris found some duct tape and
patched them back together well enough that they held on til I could get home to my spare pair.
It was great to see old friends and meet new ones for the first time.
There was enough food for 20 times the number of people who were there. The exchange, auction, raffle, and leaf
painting were all just great. We never did get around to the hosta quiz that Reldon brought along. Walking through
the sales area, and watching the guys at work, was a revelation.
Chris and Brian, I hope you will have time to catch up on your sleep one day soon.
Renaldo and I had an opportunity to follow Art and Lynne over to Walter's gardens on the way home, and enjoyed the
tour of that huge operation very much. We had a hard time getting on the road..it seems that there was always just
one more thing to do or see. It was so late when we got back here that Reldon had to spend another night in my guest room.
We were too tired to unload the car!
DId I mention that I had a great time?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
HostaDesigner

Post by HostaDesigner »

This photo really did turn out good. :) Not one blink, all smiling, no fainting... :lol:
fullofit

Post by fullofit »

I'm glad I got to be a part of the gathering, even tho I did leave much too early.
This get together was much more exciting than the family affair I attended later.
I like seeing everyone and hearing the 'green' talk going around. And a great pic.
Char
CHAR (wild4flowers)
Happiness is making a bouquet
of those flowers within reach !
Lessadragon
USDA Zone: 5b

Post by Lessadragon »

We are home safe and sound. This was the best border crossing we have ever had!!! The border guards were very helpful and I can't say enough good about them. As for Chris and Brian, well, they're just the best. We had a wonderful time. It was great seeing old friends again and putting new faces to some old names. We really do have a great group of people on this forum! I'm sorry some of you couldn't make it this year. You were missed.
Now, I must go and take care of my new acquisitions!

Lynn
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

I'm glad to hear that everyone had such a good time and made it home safely. Of course all the smiles told it all :D

I was busy with something during the leaf painting so didn't get a chance to join in on that part :( Anyone have pictures of that to share? Brian told me that everyone seemed to be having a lot of fun with that little project.

About the food, I think we had enough dessert for 20 armies, that's for certain :lol:

Thank you all for another great event. We really enjoy doing this each year, and plan to do it again next year, likely the same weekend: Saturday, July 30th, 2011 :bd:
New Topic Post Reply