New Hosta

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
rosemarie

New Hosta

Post by rosemarie »

Well, how new, I am not sure, but new to me. I am going a little ape! Ordered H. Captain's Adventure, H. Pistache and H. Prince of Darkness. and I have 4 new heuchera coming and I am not done yet! But I misssed so much in the last couple of years I want to catch up and there are so-o-o many new plants. Plus I got all my labels done and got my files all done with my P-touch machine. (Somebody Stop Me!) :eek:
Lovin' the great northwest!
Hosta12_Ia

Re: New Hosta

Post by Hosta12_Ia »

(Somebody Stop Me!) Fat chance of that here. :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Garden is a Mirror of the Heart
kaylyred
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by kaylyred »

Pffft! Alcoholics don't go to bars looking for an intervention. Nor do hostaholics come to a hosta forum because they want somebody to "stop" them.

So sorry, Hosta12_Ia...but you're on your own! :lol:

I've already bought, and have growing indoors under lights at the moment...

'Chain Lightning'
'London Fog'

On order...

'Alex Summers'
'Rainbow's End'

Planning to order...

'Lakeside Paisley Print'
'Captain's Adventure'

And then there's my hosta society. We have an auction in early June and we're hosting the regional convention in early July. Do you think I'll buy hostas there? Ooooh, yes. And I have a $50 gift certificate to my favorite local nursery, which I got for Christmas. They'll be getting a visit from me in mid-April.

I could go on and on...
~ Karen

Check out Petiole Junction, my gardening blog!
See my little hosta list
I've also got a garden photo gallery.
rosemarie

Post by rosemarie »

Actually, Kaylyred, it was me(rosemarie)that said 'Somebody stop me', but I really didn't mean it! There are just too many new shade plants that are "must haves" out there! LIke I told Josh my brain and my budget just don't agree, so I have to take it slow! And the knees are in disagreement too!.But hopefully I will get there. I checked out your Blog and it was great. LOved the pictures! :D
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Post by thy »

LOL yes it mostly mean I have used too many money

I remember a very long topic years ago with all the ecuses for bying hostas ...and the ways to hide new ones from family members.. I had a gooood laugh

But your shopping sound good
Mine is humble.. only 42 ..so far. Lots are replacements for the ones who grow legs.. you need to have a tokudama flavocircinalis and, and

Sick and tired of weeding, need to fill out the empty areas, but they needed the soil to improve first
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
kaylyred

Post by kaylyred »

rosemarie wrote:Actually, Kaylyred, it was me(rosemarie)that said 'Somebody stop me', but I really didn't mean it! There are just too many new shade plants that are "must haves" out there! LIke I told Josh my brain and my budget just don't agree, so I have to take it slow! And the knees are in disagreement too!.But hopefully I will get there. I checked out your Blog and it was great. LOved the pictures! :D
Bah! Sorry for attributing the quote incorrectly, Rosemarie! And of course you didn't mean it. No one ever really means it, do they? ;)

My brain and budget don't agree, either. So I started a new initiative: "Will work for hostas!" I have some experience with web design, writing and editing, so I started editing and designing my hosta society's newsletter (the website is next, if I have my way :lol: ) and I told our society president that I'd volunteer for the love of it, but if he, or anyone else who needed website design or what have you, would throw a division or two (or three or four) my way I'd be grateful. He said, "When they start unfurling, come on over and pick out what you want!"

WIN!

Oh, and thank you so much for the compliments on my blog. I do appreciate every single person who takes a look. :)
~ Karen

See my little hosta list
rosemarie

Post by rosemarie »

HI Karen: I am almost 85, I lost my husband of 62 years 2 1/2 years ago and I am very interested in this computer business. I am learning! I have 2 daughters who are very good at this "computer business" and they have been alot of help. I have wanted to build a website, but have no Idea how to go about it. Lew and I went to school together and were married in 1945. So we have seen alot of "stuff", now I am on my own and I have time to do "stuff". I have several gal friends who are also alone, one of them writes a column for Seniors in a Nothern Calif. paper and this week it is all about Seniors passing on their knowlege to others. Lew and I grew up in San Diego during the Depression and looking back, it was interesting, to say the least. Plus I joined this club which I love and I would like to do something with all this "stuff" somehow. Does all this make any sense? :hmm: :lol:
kaylyred

Post by kaylyred »

It makes perfect sense, Rosemarie!

So many times I wish this wasn't just a "virtual" community. It would be so much fun to sit down to a cup of coffee (or tea) with the great people here and elsewhere in the gardening community. :)
~ Karen

See my little hosta list
rosemarie

Post by rosemarie »

You know what, Karen? We can still have a cupa whatever,I almost always have a cup of coffee nearby! Course it almost always gets stone cold cause I get so envolved with what ever I am doing that I forget to drink it! So today I am involved with setting up a database for all the plants I am ordering and trying to up date my islands 'cause I know I lost some in my shade garden. But it just keeps raining and my knees and ankles keep barking, I do wish Old Ma Nature would make up her mind!!! MY know-it-all son -in-law says it is the Barometric pressure that makes us hurt! Well, I don't care what it is , I wish it would stop. I WANT TO GET OUT SIDE!!!!! It is supposed to start warming up next week! HA!! The weather yahoos said thet a week ago and it keeps raining . But it isn't snowing and it isn't freezing and Aumsville hasn't had a Tornado, so I better shut up! :lol:
New Topic Post Reply