Hallsons Spring Trade 2011 **Received**

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

John

Re: Hallsons Spring Trade 2011 **Received**

Post by John »

You're very welcome, Jill.

I got your name, and thought ooh, great, a newbie, this will be easy... Then I saw your list :o

Hope you enjoy your new plants!

John
steg
USDA Zone: 5

Post by steg »

oops :blush: I forgot to put my Hallson name on my note. Oh well, I hope they can figure it out as the package has arrived. Short trip from here in Worthington, OH to it's final resting place just over the Indiana border. I do know they are in good hands. :beer:
-Mike
To the world you may be one, but to one you may be the world.

My List: viewtopic.php?f=62&t=48366&p=425413#p425413
mjjones453

Post by mjjones453 »

My Trade came today, the only problem is that I am at work, and can't open the box! So naughty for my husband to tease me telling me my package came. Only an hour left, and then the 45 minute commute! I am not feeling so patient! I do know it is from Oregon! how exciting! Mary
mjjones453

Post by mjjones453 »

Oh My Goodness, ZZTOPSOIL you surely out did your self! all that diggin'! I am surprized that I didn't recognize the address! I am glad that the hosta's sent last year did well. I do appreciate the growing tips that you sent in your letter! Thank you So, So much for your generous package. Lelan sent me Fortuei Albomarginata,Futunei Albopicta, Honneybells, Jimmy Crack Corn, September Sun, Thunderbolt, Queen of the seas, Undulata Albomarginata, Wolverine, and Birchwood Parky's Gold! What a surprise. I didn't have any of these! They all did well during shipment, and are all soaking in my bucket of water.Re-hydrating. I am so shocked at how many you were able to get into that box! Nice job! Thank you again so much, I can't wait to see them flourish! Mary
spencer1400

Post by spencer1400 »

I took the dog out last night for his walk and found a very long package on the front porch. It was my trade package from "steg" in Worthington, OH. He sent 5 beautiful plants: Munchkin, Vera Varde, Popo, Purple Lady Fingers and Crocodile Rock. Of course, I didn't have any of them. Thanks for such a wonderful trade Mike and Stephanie. I hope we are able to meet up again in Michigan this year.
steg

Post by steg »

Thank you, thank you, thank you to LivinintheShade! What a nice package to receive today. :cool: In the wonderfully packed box I found Obsession (very cool looking with variations in green throughout), Wolverine (which will replace the one that didn’t return this year – fantastic), Valley’s Vanilla Sticks (really like the speckled petioles on this one), a mystery yellow (I love a good mystery and the hosta looks great too!), a lovely pink geranium (company to keep the hostas happy, Courtney likes this one – anything pink for her) and Ginsu Knife. I have wanted Ginsu Knife for a while as I’ve seen it at the Leaf Show in Columbus for two years know and it’s pretty unique and definitely an eye catcher. The added bonus of information from the hosta database was really helpful too.

Again, thank you so much as we (the whole family) enjoyed opening and exploring the box you sent. They’re having a drink now and will be off to gardens soon.

Thanks again to you Brian for you work in organizing everything.

Mike
To the world you may be one, but to one you may be the world.

My List: viewtopic.php?f=62&t=48366&p=425413#p425413
ZZTOPSOIL
Location: Oregon(O.S.U.~Go Beavers!)...In the Beautiful Willamette Valley!

"Thank You Jane for the Beautiful Hostas!

Post by ZZTOPSOIL »

It Always Gives You a Wonderful Feeling to Find a Surprise Box at the Door!
"THANK YOU" to Jane('spencer1400') for this Wonderful Box!
:D
Jane Sent Me a Group of Beauties Today:
(All New Hostas that I Did Not Have...and Some I Did Not Know About Before Today :D )

Jane Sent Me....
H. Banyai's Dancing Girl.
H. Bobbie Sue.
H. Gay Blade.
H. Leona Frain.
H. Lakeside Lollipop.

and...
H. Pearl Lake.

What Beautiful Hostas!..."Thank You".
Everything Arrived in Perfect Condition.
You were so Generous and Thoughtful!
My Appreciation is Beyond Words.
Here's To You Jane Me Hosta Friend :beer:

Lelan.

and..."Thanks 'Brian'" for Taking the Time Once Again to Organize this Secret Trade.
And Again "Thank You" to the Boys in Michigan for Supplying Us with Such a Wonderful Place to Come Together...and Share Such a Wonderful Addiction.
Last edited by ZZTOPSOIL on Jul 14, 2011 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bigdaddy1

Post by Bigdaddy1 »

Hippieindenial and I are patiently awaiting for our packages to start moving again. Stupid Canada Post strike :evil: I hope our plants live until we recieve them. Apparently the government is going to force C.P. back to work on Friday or Monday but then they will be dealing with all of the back log of mail which will hold things up. I sent mine June 13.... :eek: Fingers crossed.

Chris.
grdnnkd

Post by grdnnkd »

I believe that there are only two trades left to be mailed. I was contacted by one of them.....

Please finish up sending. There are some anxious traders waiting :lol:

If I have missed something, please let me now.

Thanks all.

Brian
grdnnkd's Hosta List
Latitude: 46° 78' N; Longitude: -92° 12' W
John

Post by John »

One of the 'anxious traders' received his package today--- the postman even came back to deliver it after the regular rounds!

THANK YOU, to jennaj, for a very special box of hostas!

I am thrilled with all three she selected for me:

LITTLE TREASURE--- love the white markings;

FIRST MATE--- stand-out coloring;

LAKESIDE LOOKING GLASS--- fantastic substance and beautiful color.

THANKS again for the excellent trade, Jenna! And thanks to Brian for organising this, and to Chris for facilitating our fun!
LivinintheShade

Post by LivinintheShade »

Hi Aundea,
Thank you so much for the wonderful hostas. They arrived safe and happy. These hostas are a great addition to my garden.
I received Candy Dish. Wow! How did you know that I have wanted this one? I really like the beautiful green, heart shaped leaves with the wonderful pie crust edges….yeah! Snow Flakes has very nice green oval leaves and with the promise of white flowers! Diamond Tiara is great addition to my Tiara collection. It will be noticed with its’ crisp white edges. Sweet Home Chicago has a wonderful color contrast. Beautiful.
Thank you Brian for all of your hard work that made this secret trade possible. It was fun. Thank you to Chris and Brian for hosting this forum.
hippieindenial
USDA Zone: 5b

Post by hippieindenial »

Thanks, bigdaddy! I received your hosta trade today and they are in good condition despite the two week post office strike. I hope yours arrives shortly!
Chris sent me: Baby Bunting, Blue Mammoth, Fragrant Dream and Reptilian. They are currently soaking in water and will be planted later today :D

Vanessa
Bigdaddy1

Post by Bigdaddy1 »

Hey Vanessa,

I got your package yesterday when I got home. My wife had them all soaking in separate containers for me. I've trained her well :lol: . Thanks a million.

Hippieindenial sent me:

Clausa
Ripple effect
Kabitan
Torchlight
Venusta

They all were in good shape as well considering the two weeks without any light. A couple of yellow leaves but no big deal. They were rooted into the wet paper towel.

Always a fun experience.

Thanks again to my "secret" trader, Vanessa. Also to grdnnkd for organizing this years spring trade.

Chris.

:beer:
scrappinmusicmommy

Post by scrappinmusicmommy »

I think I am the last receiver! Thanks much to Roxanne who sent a wonderful package. Large divisions of Dancing Queen and Fantasy Island. Both are beautiful and much appreciated. After a long drink, I got them planted in a small bed near my deck where I can see them every day.

Cheers.

Scrappinmusicmommy
New Topic Post Reply