ROHS Summer Tour Changes

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
renaldo75

ROHS Summer Tour Changes

Post by renaldo75 »

Hi everyone -

I'm posting this here as well as Facebook in the hopes of maximum converage.
It will be on the ROHS website, and I'll be emailing members I have current email addresses for.
We'll be calling those that have reserved lunches as well.
Mother nature has plans of her own as we are all aware.

ROHS Summer Tour Changes
Sunday, July 17, 2011

Due to severe damages sustained from a storm in the early morning hours of Monday, July 11th, the garden of Don Lovell south of Le Grand, IA,
has been forced to withdraw from the ROHS tour. Don’s garden was scheduled to be the first garden visited.

The tour will proceed with the other 3 gardens although both the Vokoun & Siems garden and the Halverson garden also sustained storm damage.

The tour will now begin in Marshalltown at the garden of Dean & Helen Groeneveld. As this garden is in a residential area on a narrow street with limited parking, people are requested to stagger their arrival times from 8:00 AM to 8:45 AM to relieve street congestion.

If coming from the East, South, or West*, go to Highway 14 which intersects Highway 30 on the south side of Marshalltown and follow these directions:

1. Turn onto Hwy 14 N./S. Center St. (.9 mi)
2. Turn left onto W. Southridge Rd. (.5 mi)
3. Turn right onto S. 6th St. (.1 mi)
4. Take the 2nd left onto Roberts Terrace (SD)

Destination Address: 605 Roberts Terrace is on the right.
Parking is on the right side of the street ONLY.

*If coming from the North on Highway 14, turn right on W. Southridge Rd.

The tour will then continue as originally scheduled to the final 2 gardens.
See the July issue of the Hosta Horizons newsletter for directions.

Omit the first 2 questions of the ‘I Spy’ quiz game as they pertained to the Le Grand area.

Auction plants will now be brought to the last garden.

Thank You
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
Marlys
USDA Zone: 5B

Re: ROHS Summer Tour Changes

Post by Marlys »

bump up
jgh

Post by jgh »

my sympathies to my southern hosta brethren. I know the tour will still be great - you guys enjoy each other more than the plants!
Marlys
USDA Zone: 5B

Post by Marlys »

Jim,
Wish you and Shelia were attending. We had so much fun @ Reldon's last year. I understand you are still convalenscing from what Reldon told me.
Take care of yourself.
The time we all visited your garden / home last year was so much fun too. You 2 are great hosts. And hail had just damaged your gardens too.

MM
jgh

Post by jgh »

Would love to come... Just flew for a week to New Mexico, but that was just two two-hour or so flights to negotiate with some time to recover in between. Did manage 170 miles from El Paso to Silver City in our rental car, so I'm getting close to healed. Got to be in shape for 20 air hours in two legs on our trip to Tanzania in Octobeer...

Have a great time and tell a couple bad jokes for me!
New Topic Post Reply