YOUR tour of my garden!

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
ThisIsMelissa
USDA Zone: 4a

YOUR tour of my garden!

Post by ThisIsMelissa »

Like Jim, I was also on the MN Hosta Society Open Tours this year and my turn was this week. Since this is probably the best my garden will look all year, I think it's about time I share some pics and not just drool over all yours!

Here is a slideshow tour. Most of the pics are landscape shots, very few individual hostas, but lots of daylily blooms and some echinacea blooms too.
http://s738.photobucket.com/albums/xx21 ... =slideshow

This is a full panorama of my backyard. Turns out my cheapy point-n-shoot has a "panorama sweep" setting and all I have to do is rotate on my spot and it'll take the big panorama for me! Cool huh? This bed is 100 feet wide and about 40 feet on the left and 30 feet on the right. You can't quite see all of this pic as some of it's being cut off on the right.

Here is the new heuchera garden I started this year. Most of the plants were already in my garden somewhere, but about 20 of these are new varieties this year. About 50 varieties total... mostly heuchera, but some heucherella and tiarella too. Same thing with this one, some of the image is being cut off on the right.
Melissa's Hosta Lists
My gardening blog

PS: Hubby and I are hoping to ADOPT & we need your help.
If you hear of someone considering placing a baby for adoption, please refer them to us: Our Adoption Blog
kaylyred
USDA Zone: 5a

Re: YOUR tour of my garden!

Post by kaylyred »

Your garden is simply stunning! Thanks for sharing the slideshow. :D
~ Karen

Check out Petiole Junction, my gardening blog!
See my little hosta list
I've also got a garden photo gallery.
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Post by thy »

Thank's for the tour, it was ver nice :D

Specially loved the area with the blue pine and all the blue hostas.. Halcyon and fam. and you F1 garden assistent :D
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
ogrefcf
USDA Zone: 5-6

Post by ogrefcf »

As I said love the progression photo's. Gives a new guy like me hope! Thanks for sharing.
Owen
FrostyNYC
USDA Zone: 7A

Post by FrostyNYC »

You've done a really excellent job carving those beds out of your lawn. Great, graceful curves, and I love the pine trees.

I love Heucheras, but they're certainly an acquired taste. I've found that many non-gardeners think the orange, caramel, and yellow leaves look sickly. Me? I dream of Berry Smoothie at night. :)
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Melissa, I really enjoyed your slide show. Those panorama shots are especially nice,
and that f1 garden helper is a real beauty! Thanks for sharing...I'll go back and look
at them again and again.

Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

Beautiful gardens, Melissa. Thank you for sharing them with us...great photos, too!

May I ask...in the photo with Pineapple Upside Down Cake, what is the dark blue hosta in the upper left corner?
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
ThisIsMelissa
USDA Zone: 4a

Post by ThisIsMelissa »

Thank you everyone for your kind words! I love to share my garden, but I often think the pics do not adequately show it.

eastwood2007 wrote:Beautiful gardens, Melissa. Thank you for sharing them with us...great photos, too!

May I ask...in the photo with Pineapple Upside Down Cake, what is the dark blue hosta in the upper left corner?
That'd be Slick Willie
Melissa's Hosta Lists
My gardening blog

PS: Hubby and I are hoping to ADOPT & we need your help.
If you hear of someone considering placing a baby for adoption, please refer them to us: Our Adoption Blog
New Topic Post Reply