Can Anyone ID This NOID?

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

Phil
USDA Zone: 5b

Re: Can Anyone ID This NOID?

Post by Phil »

Chris_W wrote:Missed my first post Phil? :lol:
Ha ha, apparently. I think I've figured out, I'll post later with a pic. :)

*later* Arrgh, I can't believe I didn't get a picture! Anyways, I went to a nursery today and did get to see Jade Cascade, as well as Big Boy. I was about 90% convinced on Jade Cascade and was about to leave, and there it was, my NOID: Dragon Wings! It really jumped out at me. I probably looked at it on Google, but in person there was no doubt. It sure is frustrating how different the stock photos that come up on Google can be from what you're seeing in person.
plantbug

Post by plantbug »

Phil, Does this nursery with the 1800 hosta have a web site? I have been looking for H. Dragon Wings ever since I saw in the LeFever's garden. The mature plant in his garden was dark green. plantbug :???:
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

Well that sure makes some sense as to why it was mislabled Angel Wings! I can see how someone would accidentally write that out wrong. Been there before myself with names becoming more and more similar (our rows of Christmas Candy, Christmas Cookies, and Christmas Charm were good examples until I noticed I had some mixed up this spring :oops: )
Phil

Post by Phil »

plantbug wrote:Phil, Does this nursery with the 1800 hosta have a web site? I have been looking for H. Dragon Wings ever since I saw in the LeFever's garden. The mature plant in his garden was dark green. plantbug :???:
O'Brien's Nursery.
Phil

Post by Phil »

Chris_W wrote:Well that sure makes some sense as to why it was mislabled Angel Wings! I can see how someone would accidentally write that out wrong.
I wish I could say for certain it was labeled wrong, but there's probably a chance I mis-remembered. I'm pretty sure it was the labeling, though. You get something on the brain, (in my case it was Blue Angel) and who knows what will happen.
plantbug

Post by plantbug »

H Dragon Wings
H Dragon Wings
Thanks Phil for the link. This is a picture I took of the plant back in May of this year.
New Topic Post Reply