Picture at last

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
Mark Raw
USDA Zone: 9

Picture at last

Post by Mark Raw »

markhostas.jpg.jpg
here is my first picture on here lets hop this works. a general picture of me and some of my babies
Mark Raw

Re: Picture at last

Post by Mark Raw »

Fragrant Bouquet on my knee, Blue angel and S Elegans just viable at the left, pauls Glory behind (obvious the bright one) Stained Glass immediate right
More pics to follow soon
plantbug

Post by plantbug »

I like you hosta area and keep the pictures coming. Does that big fern have a name? :hmm:
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Post by thy »

Nice pic and the fern is beautiful. You have to give it a lot of water.
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
boops
USDA Zone: 6b

Post by boops »

Some really great looking plants you have. I have two Pauls Glory-I love them such good growers. That looks like an Ostrich Fern behind you. I have a Matteuccia struthiopteris or a Jumbo Ostrich Fern-only 1 season in my garden and its pretty big already. I love ferns, So airy and feathery looking. I moving mine in the early spring to behind Komodo Dragon and Blue Angel, the Jumbo Ostrich Fern grows from 4-6 feet tall and wide.
Anyway great pic! you must post more.
My Hosta List

Do one thing everyday that makes you happy
Mark Raw

Post by Mark Raw »

The fern is a tree fern Dicksonia Antartica I have 2 but that is the better looking one, normally palced at the side to my left. Was oulled out for the pictures to add a backdrop. It gets watered regular by ouring water in the top as the only growing part is at the top, the rest of the plant (the trunk) is actually dead as with all tree ferns. I have a few other ferns that were robbed from my mother in laws garden (haha) to be honest I think there braken not true ferns, she was gald to e rid of them to be honest and I only took them to fill up gaps. Will try to get some more pics of individual plants as most have me on them (sorry I am such a posing bugger) haha
It takes me ages to get pics and then get someone else to compress them small enough to get on here. Perhaps I will eventually get a pic of my confusing hosta for ID (started as a Patriot but was a Cordelia abd now looks like a small Barbera Ann !!!!
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Post by thy »

Mark do you know the very good searc engine on Marco Fransens page ?

Go to hostaparadise.com then in the upper right corner go for advanced search, the by criteria , then foliage or color... then go for the colors of your hosta and the size you expect it to get :-)
Pia
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
Mark Raw

Post by Mark Raw »

Thats quite a nice site however I am a little averse to mail order as they are usually sent out as small divisions and the cost of postage can be quite high. I understand for hard to get plants this can be the only way but I do prefer to see the plant before I purchase. thank ou for the link it's always good to be able to compare pictures to what I have and dream about the future. :D
New Topic Post Reply