Cement City here I come

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
ShortShadows
USDA Zone: 3B

Cement City here I come

Post by ShortShadows »

My car is packed, four dogs are ready. Tomorrow morning well before daylight I will venture to Cement City, MI. Some think it is to accept a judging assignment for the dachshund club at the beagle grounds in Cement City. Little do they know it is to visit the FABULOUS HALLSON GARDENS!!!. The venture will not be easy.... travelling from the comforts of central Minnesnowta around the horiffictraffic jam they call Chicago..... a dozen hours to be sure. Wish me luck!
Short Shadows
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Re: Cement City here I come

Post by Chris_W »

Wow, that's quite the road trip. Will you have time to visit Hidden Lake Gardens in Tipton, MI when you are here? They have a great hosta display garden (and more) - a Michigan State University botanical garden.

I have to warn you, the nursery looks a bit like a bomb went off after an incredibly busy Labor Day weekend, but we are reorganizing and there are still tons of great plants to be had in our clearance sale, plus I'll be certain to make it worth your trip :)

See you when you get here :D

Chris
Schattenfreude
USDA Zone: 5b - 6a

Post by Schattenfreude »

I'm so jealous.......

Have a safe trip!

Kevin in KC
Phil
USDA Zone: 5b

Post by Phil »

Is that a road trip or a pilgrimage? :D
ViolaAnn
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by ViolaAnn »

Safe trip and I know you will enjoy your visit to Hallson Gardens. Chris was very gracious to us when we did even though we couldn't buy anything, being from Canada.
Ann
Pictures of Ann's Hostas:
http://violaann.smugmug.com/Garden/Host ... 361_qL3gHS (SmugMug gallery now updated for 2016)
ShortShadows
USDA Zone: 3B

Post by ShortShadows »

Back from 4 days in Michigan with a tired body but NEW plants. My friend brought home TWENTY plants whilst I managed to control myself, only buying TEN.
Among my purchases were 5 hostas!!!! Kiwi Fully Monty which Chris was nice enough to dig up for me :D , Electrocution, Red Hot Flash, Great Arrival and one that escapes me at the moments. This was my second trip to Hallson, a joy every time! Oh, I think it was Touch of Class! After our purchases we had to celebrate at the local watering hole Artesian Wells I think it is called!
Shortshadows
New Topic Post Reply