Seed Exchange?

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

plantbug

Re: Seed Exchange?

Post by plantbug »

I tried to send two emails to two different people inquiring about the seed they had. I have not heard anything and it has been over one week. Does this mean the emails didn't go through? Just wondering. :hmm:
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

Hi,

Sorry I hadn't replied yet, but I got the email you sent to me on Friday and your seeds are already in the mail. Because Monday was a post office holiday I couldn't get them out that day, so you will probably get them tomorrow or Friday from me.

Thanks!

Chris
plantbug

Post by plantbug »

Chris, Thanks so much!!! I was beginning to wonder if I had really sent the email!!! plantbug
ViolaAnn
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by ViolaAnn »

Did you try to contact me as well? If you did, I don't think I received it.
Ann
Pictures of Ann's Hostas:
http://violaann.smugmug.com/Garden/Host ... 361_qL3gHS (SmugMug gallery now updated for 2016)
plantbug

Post by plantbug »

ViolaAnn, I sent you a PM. Thanks! plantbug
ViolaAnn

Post by ViolaAnn »

Plant bug - I just looked and there's nothing there from you.
Ann
http://violaann.smugmug.com/Garden/Host ... 361_qL3gHS (SmugMug gallery now updated for 2016)
morgansrgr8
USDA Zone: 5

Post by morgansrgr8 »

sorry plantbug, that was me. I havent been on lately. We are moving and remodeling a bathroom so have been pretty busy. I have to find where I put all the seeds. I did have a few responses and need to get them out. It will be a week or so till I can get them out. I cant wait till I have a fully functioning bathroom again. Still have so much to move. Grrrrr
Linda
I know I am past the point of no return but what a way to go.

My Hosta List
ViolaAnn

Post by ViolaAnn »

And plantbug - ditto for me - busy. The main thing is that I've not separated the seeds from the black wings and for some of them, I'm not altogether sure how many real seeds there are. Will try to get at that soon - after I get my handbell group all organized for the Carol Sing they are leading in December.
Ann
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Post by thy »

If you are out for something special
http://www.hostalibrary.org/cgi-bin/see ... y=ahshosts

You may be lucky and get something like 10% interesting seedlings :wink:

By the way... it is okay for US folks to mail out to Canada and Europe, just you can not recieve from other countries legaly :D
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
ViolaAnn

Post by ViolaAnn »

Finally found this thread. Just need to say I have germination of 'Neat Splash' seeds - at least 7 little plants. Still on first leaves but at least 3 are showing signs of streaks. :D
Ann
Carol O
USDA Zone: 4

Post by Carol O »

Since Ann has this thread up, I'll post a couple of my Jade Cascade seedlings.
Seed from Hallson's - thank you Chris
Seed from Hallson's - thank you Chris
Jade Cascade.jpg (32.53 KiB) Viewed 3227 times
morgansrgr8

Post by morgansrgr8 »

I am sorry to those that asked for seed from me. I know it was a bad time since we were remodeling. I brought the seeds out and set them on the table to get into the mail and havent seen them since. I think hubby mistakenly threw them away. I am very very sorry. Next time I wont post till I have things in an envelope and ready to be mailed.
Linda

My Hosta List
ViolaAnn

Post by ViolaAnn »

Things like that happen when undergoing renovations. If that's all you lost, count yourself lucky.

I still have lots of seed available if anyone wants it. I couldn't find this thread at first; so I started a new one which lists what I have.
Ann
morgansrgr8

Post by morgansrgr8 »

I am not happy about losing any of them. I had a few of them in mind to direct seed into my garden. Now thats next years project. I hope. LOL I dont know if anything else is missing or just misplaced. Its all still put into the attic out of the way. Need more money to finish the project.
Linda

My Hosta List
morgansrgr8

Post by morgansrgr8 »

Well I have to give hubby an apology. He didn't toss them out. :oops: I found my seed tucked away of all places behind my cookbook. lol If they are still good and anybody interested in them, please your welcome to them. Also at our Auction Saturday I picked up a hosta with White seed pods. Will go out later for the name if anybody is interested. And my Swoosh has tons of seed this year and still flowering. Woohoo
Linda

My Hosta List
ViolaAnn

Post by ViolaAnn »

:beer:
Ann
Carol O
USDA Zone: 4

Post by Carol O »

Since this thread has come back to the surface, I ended up with 5 Jade Cascade seedlings and 1 very tiny Sky Dancer seedling. Thank you again Chris. I hope to have some seeds to offer in a seed exchange this fall.
New Topic Post Reply