AHS Journal - did anybody notice...

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
jgh

AHS Journal - did anybody notice...

Post by jgh »

how I got a subtle plug for Chris and Hallson into my article.

Since I wrote an article last year predicting the outcome of the Benedict Award - and was, of course, humiliated... Bob Olson graciously rewarded me by giving me the opportunity to repeat.

I "consulted" several folks during the writing, so right there on page 60 is the mention of Chris and Hallsons, along with Marco Fransen and the Naylor Boyz.

Thanks Chris! Hope you believe "any publicity is good publicity" because being associated with my defective prognostication isn't an obvious positive...
Marlys
USDA Zone: 5B

Re: AHS Journal - did anybody notice...

Post by Marlys »

I noticed, Jim, you sly dog!

MM
rufie98
USDA Zone: 6

Post by rufie98 »

I loved your analysis of the Benedict Medal Award winner. I could "see" that you had given it careful consideration and weighed all possible angles. I think that your subtle plug will be appreciated.
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Post by thy »

You forces me to open my journal... it was suposed to be one of my prices for being a good mummy, reading around 100 pages of academimic nonsens several times, trying to smile and be constuctive even when I was thinking... Om my, more academic crab... sure a master task written in a hermaneutical ( sp) way by my very loved DD. ... Sometimes I tell her she get her exelents b caurse even the teachers do not understand and there fore are acting like everyone exept the small boy in H.C.Andersens " The Emperors new cloth" or something like that... Translated :-)

Facts, normally I do not read about the awards, thinking it is plain unintersting :blush: Sorry, but true. Know it is a honnor, but then do it on tree lines and show a good pic...
Niagara Falls is a nice hosta. but I love Earth Angel
Then I know I am not from US,... but I do the same here everytime anything just target my DD's tasks... way to many words about what could have been said with a pic or 3 lines .... but plase, do not tell anyone :wink:
Pia
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

Thanks Jim ;)
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Pia! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I understood that perfectly. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jim, yes, I did see that! So far I've just skimmed the HJ, need to go back and read it more thoroughly, but I did stop to read your article, and remembered the talk we had walking around your gardens when you were telling me about this article. Good times!
For me, the fact that you discuss the top contenders, and even get anywhere close to having the eventual winner in the list, is pretty amazing! I would not have guessed that Niagara Falls would be picked, though it is an absolutely wonderful hosta. People always ask what it is, even non-hosta folks who think all hostas look alike.
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
New Topic Post Reply