Deer Alert

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
rosemarie

Deer Alert

Post by rosemarie »

Well, three young deer went strolling thru' my yard and my shade garden today, and everything is coming up out there. So I ordered some things I think I mentioned before! They are green mesh bags that you hang in your garden on Shepard's Hooks or tree branches.They are supposed to chase Deer away. We'll see! They are a little spendy (34.99 for 6 bags. They are supposed to last a year thru' rain, snow etc. I will keep you posted. If they work they will be worth it. I am going to hang them around the outside of my trees, I'll be very happy if they work, but I am skeptical. :hmm:
Lovin' the great northwest!
Aud
USDA Zone: zone 6

Re: Deer Alert

Post by Aud »

Please update if it works. I get herds that come to my garden to feast. I have tried everything from 8' fence, to lights, and water sprays. They still manage to ignore everything and come to eat my gardens down. I get so discouraged sometime.
rosemarie

Post by rosemarie »

We just got them out in the trees and everything is just starting to come up, so it is hard to tell . But I will keep watch on them and see what happens. I sure hope they work. I haven't seen the deer yet this spring, but I am sure they are still around!!!
Lovin' the great northwest!
redcrx
USDA Zone: 7

Post by redcrx »

Went to DelVal Hosta meeting and they had a speaker who was using a netting fence.
http://www.boddingtonsonline.com/produc ... etting.php

Just a thought.

I put up a split rail fence last year to slow them down. Don't know if it worked yet.

I'm working on rabbit problems now - 3 foot netting on new posts I found
http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/s ... ep-in-post
Ed McHugh, Sicklerville NJ
ImageMockingbird feeding juvenile yellow raisons - never leave home without them.
New Topic Post Reply