Let's hear it for hosta friends!

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
Linda P

Let's hear it for hosta friends!

Post by Linda P »

We just returned from a trip to Minnesota to visit my son and his family. The trip would have been very worthwhile, just spending time with them and getting to play with the 2-year old granddaughter we have not seen for 11 months. Added to that, we had the nicest time visiting jgh and his lovely wife. We looked at the gardens (though we didn't do the full tour..it seems that I bring rain each time I visit; 3 for 3!!) had coffee and homemade scones on the porch, and met a new hosta friend who was also visiting. (Sorry, Vicki! I do not remember your screen name!) Then the next day we went over to visit 'cowboy' and had a wonderful tour of his gardens as well. Of course, I came home with some more hostas.
Thanks Jim and John, for your hospitality and your gifts.

Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
ogrefcf
USDA Zone: 5-6

Re: Let's hear it for hosta friends!

Post by ogrefcf »

Sounds like a lot of fun! that's a trip I would like to take. Not many places/friends with hostas to visit here.
Owen
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Post by thy »

Sounds great, would love to walk Jims garden :wink:
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Owen and Pia, I wish you would have been there too! We didn't go through the whole garden since it was raining, but did have a lovely visit. Always fun to talk with Jim and Sheila.

My Hosta List
vpeterson
USDA Zone: 4-MN

Post by vpeterson »

Linda, it was nice meeting both you and your husband. I love visiting Jim's garden. I am lucky as I don't live that far away and make many of my hosta purchases through him. It is always an inspiration looking at the lovely layout of his garden. The scones and coffee were wonderful as well! Vicky
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

It was great meeting you, Vicky. I wish I lived closer! We are hoping to make several trips a year to the area, now that we've found a nice park for the camper. There's a new grandbaby on the way, due in January, and our granddaughter is growing up far too quickly. It would all be so much nicer if there weren't so many miles of road between here and there!

My Hosta List
jgh

Post by jgh »

It was a treat seeing Linda and Vicky... and we finally got John to the far northland as well! Sorry we didn't tour more... we sure could have walked around... just ended up on the screen porch out of the rain... and the fresh scones and coffee... just too easy to sit and gab!!!
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Jim, It was delightful to sit on the porch and gab! I'll try really hard not to bring rain next time I visit (3 for 3 so far!!!!) :lol: :lol: :lol:

My Hosta List
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Post by thy »

Welcome Vicky :D Are you related to Sweden in any way... your sirname is Swedish :wink: My Scandinavian foster land.

Hard not to be green with envy when some of you meet other members... So many hosta events I would like to join... We may just have to find the perfect Hallson Family area where we can all live close to each other :wink: :lol:

Pia
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
vpeterson
USDA Zone: 4-MN

Post by vpeterson »

I am not swedish but my husband is 100% swedish. Not hard to be considering we live close to Scandia , Minnesosta. There are a lot of folks with scandinavian background in this area.
Carol O
USDA Zone: 4

Post by Carol O »

Yes, hosta friends are dear, indeed. I have had the opportunity to meet kHT and Rosemarie this summer. Had a lovely tour at kHT along with ice tea; and then a delightful visit and lunch with Rosemarie (she and I come from the same place in SoCal). As I drove down Rosemarie's driveway, leaving, I realized she had a lot more hostas than just in her back yard that I didn't get a chance to see and would love to go back and wander through.
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Carol, those are two people I would love to meet! So glad you had the opportunity.

My Hosta List
New Topic Post Reply