Hello, Everyone! Happy New Year!

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
eastwood2007

Hello, Everyone! Happy New Year!

Post by eastwood2007 »

Wishing everyone a blessed and prosperous New Year!

I'm so happy to see so many still here! It's been a long time for me...so much going on the last few years.

I lost most of my gardens two years ago after the drought. Thought all my babies were tucked in safe and sound for the winter, but something was getting them...moles, voles, pill bugs....or all of the previous. Lost probably 75% of my gardens without even knowing anything was going on. It was devastating. Haven't hardly had the heart, nor the energy, to start over, besides having been busier than ever in my life.

I feel a change coming for spring and am eager to get back out there! I had opportunity to do some good cleanup this past fall.

Wishing you all many happy hosta days ahead!

Blessings to you all!
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Re: Hello, Everyone! Happy New Year!

Post by Chris_W »

Thanks Charla, and Happy New Year to you too! I sure hope that you are able to keep the last of the gardens going. We also lost a lot of big ones to drought and voles some years ago and honestly I'm beginning to transition the hosta display garden to a drought loving fern and woodlands garden instead and leaving the hosta display to the growing areas near the wetlands.

Nice to hear from you and hope you have a good winter and even better spring and summer :)
New Topic Post Reply