who has come over from the old GW?

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

tsbccowboy
Location: Apple Valley, Minnesota 44°43'39.50"N 93°14'52.40"W

Re: who has come over from the old GW?

Post by tsbccowboy »

TJ,

Welcome and thank you for posting your photos!

Cowboy

Packer Backer
5/30/13

ps - we don't tape up every Packer Backer.
old_dirt
USDA Zone: 5b

Post by old_dirt »

Hello to all, old friends and new. I registered here a few days ago and looks like I will like it. I may not post much but am always in need of more information about hostas. Still buried in snow here and anxious for spring time.
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

Welcome old dirt! :D
Mountainy Man
USDA Zone: 8

Post by Mountainy Man »

Hello everyone!
Another refugee from GW/Houzz here lol. Lots of familiar names here.

I am Gardening in Ireland, halfway up a mountain in the north west. I started my garden from scratch around my cottage in 2006 but only got interested in hostas a couple of years ago.

I have been lurking here in the long grass since the link was posted on GW a few weeks ago and have been reading all the old posts and enjoying myself so I had to jump in and join up.

My hostas are starting to stir and will have to watch out for frosts, I have had an order delivered on friday and they are all potted up. I am ready to go, hosta season can commence weather permitting lol!

Denis
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

Welcome Denis! We are looking forward to seeing pictures from your garden as it wakes up :)
harryshoe
USDA Zone: 6 E. PA

Post by harryshoe »

Its great to hear from so many old friends from the GW hosta group. There is no question that the photos from Photobucket and similar sites work better here.

June from spring '14 following fall '13 transplant

Hostajocee
USDA Zone: Z5 ON

Post by Hostajocee »

Hey, Ken et al! Thought I'd register on this forum as well since I miss a few that hardly post on the regular Hosta forum anymore.

This forum is unique in that Chris is right here with answers when expertise is required! I've really enjoyed reading several threads so far and enjoying the photos.

I have come across your name before, ViolaAnn when googling certain hosta pictures by going to the page to find out more so it was a pleasant surprise to see you posting here! :-)
rosemarie

Post by rosemarie »

HI all! I am not sure how I got here, but I see alot of familiar names so i guess I am in the right place! Also I see Chris, that helps. We have had an Early spring (like all winter) Our mountains have almost no snow (not good) so we are very apt to have fire danger like crazy this summer. And all the storms are going north of us, so Karma is getting rain like gangbusters.And I am only about 50 or so South of Karma, how weird is that. I got a small order from Naylor(2 new and 2 old), got them in pots and they are already showing signs of life. :) And so it begins!
Lovin' the great northwest!
New Topic Post Reply