Has anyone seen this for sale Oil on Canvas Hosta

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
Bubacktribe
USDA Zone: 6

Has anyone seen this for sale Oil on Canvas Hosta

Post by Bubacktribe »

I came across this beautiful hosta browsing the internet has anyone heard information on it.
Attachments
oiloncanvas hosta 2016.jpg
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Re: Has anyone seen this for sale Oil on Canvas Hosta

Post by Chris_W »

I haven't heard of it, but it reminds me of Hosta 'Nougat' which is (was) a sport of Hosta 'Revolution' without the green edge. Unfortunately it wasn't the best grower, terrible really, and was highly unstable. I would suspect that this one would be similar but that example is very pretty!
Pieter

Post by Pieter »

If the picture you posted is from the website's for sale listing then it is highly unlikely to be an oil painting, it most likely is a photo printed on canvas. Take a closer look at the outline of the flowers and you'll notice a softness of focus, characteristic of photography, a true oil painting would have shown the same sharpness in the flowers and the leaves.... the focus is very much on the leaves only.

OOPS!
Since it wasn't clear to me from the original posting this was for a Hosta 'Oil on Canvas' -which is very different from an Oil on Canvas Hosta- I assumed we were dealing with a pictoral representation of an unnamed hosta as an Oil on Canvas, just the sort of confusion you get when proper nomenclature protocols are not followed....
Last edited by Pieter on May 12, 2016 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pieter

"Never trust anyone who doesn't have dog hair on their clothes."

Pieter's Hosta List
Ronny

Post by Ronny »

H. 'Oil On Canvas' is from Danny Van Eechaute.
Ronny
New Topic Post Reply