Better late than never

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
playinmud

Better late than never

Post by playinmud »

Was finally able to get to this stretch (and it's almost August, ugh) to mulch it, I added a daylily to the sunny spot and it likes it there. I like the daylily, but love my hostas. The bright yellow one is 'Great Lakes Gold' and farther down at the curve is a blooming 'Blue Angel' with a myriad of hostas in between I guess I should attack the weeds in the lawn next.

Thanks for looking,
Donna
Attachments
back_bed.jpg
~PIM~

°`°º¤ø,¸¸Kindness is the oil that takes the friction out of life¸¸,ø¤º°`°
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Re: Better late than never

Post by Chris_W »

What a gorgeous border you have there! I like to mulch in the summer too because I don't need as much when the hostas are leafed out :)

Thank you for sharing your garden!
playinmud

Post by playinmud »

Thank you Chris. I wish others would share pics of their gardens/yards too so I can see how others have planted hostas. And if ever possible (and it wasn't a hassle) I wish you'd share a pic of Hallson's, because I don't think I'll ever get the opportunity to visit up your way, NJ is far.

Thanks for the kind words,

Donna
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

Here is a panorama picture from just the back corner of the growing areas. You can get an idea of the expanse of hostas by how far back the visitors continue in the background. The hostas in the foreground are part of next year's crop, so those are just 2 year olds. The shed is where we keep hosta tags and other supplies and is sort of my office back in the growing area.
Attachments
Hallson Panorama 2016.jpg
New Topic Post Reply