Four more weeks of "winter?"

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
Tigger
USDA Zone: 6b - 7a

Four more weeks of "winter?"

Post by Tigger »

A bit alarming to see this today (Feb 26) in our garden outside Philadelphia (zone 7a-ish). Yes, this one is usually the earliest risers, but this is ridiculous. I'll have to figure a way to get a leafy blanket over it.

David
Attachments
H. montana 'Aureomarginata'
H. montana 'Aureomarginata'
IMG_0794.JPG (55.99 KiB) Viewed 455 times
Tigger

Re: Four more weeks of "winter?"

Post by Tigger »

If this is upside down for you, you get the idea. I don't know why it does this from iPad.
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

Hi,

When taking a picture on your iPad orient it so the home button is on the right side. If you take a picture with the home button on the left it is like having your camera upside down.

And I sure don't want to see anything soon. We were in the upper 60s for way too long, but no hostas coming up yet. Now it is cold again so that is good, and our forecast for the next 10 days gets below freezing at night so that will help.

Good luck to you and everyone else dealing with early riser this year :(
Tigger

Post by Tigger »

You would think that an Apple device would be smart enough to know that "up" is "up" no matter which side the do-everything button is on when you take the pic. :P And (unless you flipped this for me, Chris), it shows fine now that I view this on a regular PC.

We're looking at low 20s by the end of the week. Might have to throw a blanket over Montana A-M, although it will quickly become a wet blanket as we'll likely see some snow.

In other news, I started my seeds yesterday. Will add a few more cups when my latest purchases (from the First Look auction) come in.

David
New Topic Post Reply