Welcome gardenmailman

This is the welcome area. Post here to introduce yourself to the forum and to welcome new members.

Moderator: Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Welcome gardenmailman

Post by kHT »

Welcome!! My heart goes out to you and all the postal folks across the nation! You all are very special folks and handle our plants with care! Bless you all!! :lol:
gardenmailman

Thanks for the welcome

Post by gardenmailman »

Hi there Karma Happy toes. Thanks for acknowledging the fact my favorite thing to mail to peoples homes are plants. I am a " hosta disciple " of another member, Rocco. I was delivering mail to his home and saw his garden and the rest is history. It also helps my significant other is a gardener. Looking to add to our garden always.
putnamgardens

Post by putnamgardens »

Welcome gardenmailman: Funny how ya get hooked. I had a mail lady about 10 years ago who would ask a couple of times a summer to do a Sat. garden tour. I also taught her how to send home the neighbor German Sheppard which proved to save her life once. Maybe you and Rocco can car pool the next years convention in PA. It might prove to be VERY good for your garden. Later, Love, Lisa
Attachments
sport of fragrant bouquet.jpg
Have I mentioned lately that my drinking team has a hosta problem?
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

Hey there gardenmailman! I have a gardenmaillady that is just stunned at my garden and she loves bringing all the new babies. She knows not to leave packages at the door in full sun and we reward her during all the holidays!! We love leaving boxes of goodies in the box for her thoughtfulness. :wink:
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

I've only met one mailperson that I didn't care for and that was because he would park his mail truck in the local park and take a mid afternoon nap everyday instead of finishing the route! :lol: I'm not talking about a "lunch hour nap"...I'm talking about a good two hour snooze. He seemed to always have an ongoing "feud" with a neighbor and they ended up reporting him to the P.O. I felt sorry for him......he was reaching retirement age, so maybe it was tough on him.
Other than that , we've had fantastic mailpersons. Always friendly and helpful. :) So let me add my thanks for the wonderful service you and your co-workers provide us. :)
And also a Welcome to the Forum! Glad rocco reeled you in and you decided to join us. I hope you'll check out the hosta forum. There is always something of interest going on there. :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

O.C.. says hello Mr. MailMan

Post by oldcoot »

We are glad you are here. This is a NICE family atmosphere, and we love to "talk" to each other, so post away. What we also like are pictures of your pretties. Don't we shy, postg away.

I got a greatg mail-lady that I have come to know fron getting so many flowers. She likes my yard so much that rather than leave my plants down on the streeg by my mail box (we are on a Rual Route) she bring them right up to the house and asks me what I am getting........ NOW THAT IS SERVICE. AND SHE ALWAYS SMILES.

Welcome..............
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
New Topic Post Reply