Welcome to the forums!

This is the welcome area. Post here to introduce yourself to the forum and to welcome new members.

Moderator: Chris_W

bobbo

Post by bobbo »

Hi everyone. New to the site, looks great. My wife and I collect and grow daylilies, hosta, ornamental grasses and the related companion plants.
The site looks rather vast so I'll be reading for a bit.
poppi

Post by poppi »

Hi everyone. I'm just found out about this site and thought I'd check it out. I'll have to do bit of browsing to learn how to use it, but I'll get there.

My husband and I have a large yard in Ohio that had almost no landscaping when we moved in, so we've been putting in alot of new flower beds. Since our property is mostly wooded, we plant alot of hosta and are what might be referred to as Hostaholics. :lol:

Thanks and have a great holiday. :snow:

poppi
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

Hi everybody,,,,,,,,,,

Post by oldcoot »

:bd: :bd: :bd: The Old Coot says a hearty WELCOME to EVERY ONE who has joined recently . I am somewhat of a newbie myself, I joined a year ago last month and have been a regular reader ever since. Even been known to ask a few questions and post a LOT OF PICTUES. You are welcome to do the same. In fact this is your personal invitation to do just that very thing.

That Funny and VERY Friendly Old Coot , named John, saying, "SPRING" is coming and in just 23 more days" and counting !!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
Jmiller_Kentucky

Hi All, New Guy on the Boards

Post by Jmiller_Kentucky »

Hello, I joined this forum board just yesterday, and look forward to getting and giving some gardening advice. I live in Western Kentucky, where we have relatively mild winters and long growing seasons. Add to that the high humidity in the summer months and this is a growers paradise !

Have a great day everyone... Jason :D
Rebekah

Post by Rebekah »

Welcome to Hallsons Gardening forums Jmiller_Kentucky :D
If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of car payments.
oldcoot

Good afternoon Jason...........

Post by oldcoot »

This Old COot welcomes you heartily. We sure are glad you joined this happy family of Gardeners and Nature Lovers..
Jump right in and make your self at home and tell us a little bit about what you grow. I bet you have somer GREAT Daylilies. If you do, post us some pictures of them on the Daylily Forum. Once again WELCOME..............

That FUNNY and VERY FRIENDLY Old Coot saying, he SURE is glad Spring is finally here....For him
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
oldcoot

Well Hedllo there everyblody !! Nice cooler Sunday afternoon

Post by oldcoot »

OC understands from several of his friends down under. your Liliums are already up 6=8" (or maybe higher by now) so post some of them when they bloom in the Lilium Forums. Lots of us grow Liliums and hope to post some more of ours when they bloom next spring.

Welcome every Body.

That Old Coot named John, a gardner for the Lord.
Staudenzauber

Post by Staudenzauber »

Hi everyvone! congratulations for our site.
i´m a gardener from Austria.
I always search new plants in other countrys?
Please help me!!

Thanks Staudenzauber
oldcoot

And the Old Coot says welcome too

Post by oldcoot »

We have a great famiy here, from all sorts of place and now we have one from Austria. Please feels free to ask any question you want and we will do out best to answer it. Post pictures of your plants, if you can, and we will OOh and AHH so much you won't believe.

Once again WELCOME to Hallsons, the friendliest place on the web.....That Old Coot, named John
klaushaus

happy to be here!

Post by klaushaus »

Hi everyone, I've been 'lurking' in the Hallson's site for awhile now, and finally decided to register. My sister, a true hosta addict, directed me to Hallson's last year. Seems the hosta addiction must run in the family, I was up to 9 plants by the end of the summer. Am working on creating new beds this spring so I can add a couple of plants I've had my eye on, or drooling on the pics at least!
I live in northern WI, and around the house, the zone runs from 3-5, factoring in some micro-climate. We also have a constant deer population that keeps me a tried and true customer of 'Liquid Fence'.
Looking forward to a happy hosta adventure on this site!
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

Welcome Klaushaus!

Gotta love that liquid fence, don't you? It has really helped with the deer around here too.

Enjoy the forums!

Chris
oldcoot

High Sandra

Post by oldcoot »

WELCOME.....We love folks from New Zealand at Hallson's. As you say, your plants bloom before ours so this way you can give us a color fix (even if in words) while we are curseing cold weather

What type of plants will you have ?? Don't overlook the forum for each of these. Great information on them.

John that Old COot............
Nathalie23

Post by Nathalie23 »

Hello! I'm a french canadian of Quebec (so sorry for my bad english!!!) and I love hostas since 2 years. Untill now, I have almost 80 kind of hostas and I plan to continue to add more and more hostas in my gardens. I'm very glad to have found this forum. :D
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

Welcome Nathalie23!
Staudenzauber

Post by Staudenzauber »

Welcome to all new user and Hosta Fans!
many greetings from an Austria.
oldcoot

And OC says great.

Post by oldcoot »

Glad to have you with us now. Great little loving, caring, friendly, family here. So post away. Pictures too if you can we all LOVE pictures............John
mtngal

Newbie here

Post by mtngal »

Hi, I'm from SE Idaho, up in the mountains where gardening can be a real challenge. Unexpected frost and odd snow fall even in June! I've been lurking for a while now and just had to join in.
Idaho zone 3/4
High altitude and short cool summers.
Challenge is good
rakenleafs

New to forum

Post by rakenleafs »

Hi, I came over to this site because I found myself looking for Chris to jump in and answer more questions on another forum, then I realized I knew where I could find him and his wisdom.. So if the mountian won't come......

We move a few years ago and have 4 acres of flatland just waiting for gardens. I have spent the last few years planting and now have 24 assorted garden beds, This year I decided NO MORE.. I was now going to clean-up what I had built and start gardening with purpose, only buying what was on my wish list..( I know but a gal can dream)
I have had hosta forever, but am just now getting into the names and different varieties. This is my first year of looking at what I actually have and buying with purpose. I have bought 14 new hosta this season, 4 of which show signs of HVX... a tough lesson, but I am glad I am learning it in my first official month of collecting. I don't believe I have contaminated any of the old stuff, but will be watching and worring for years to come.
I look forward to looking through all posts and learning from each of you.
Fran
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit..
Wisdom is knowing not to put it in fruit salad.
rakenleafs Hosta Lists
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Hi Fran! Glad you found Chris and this forum. Everyone here gets a separate welcome post of their own ,so I will start one for you for others to see. :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
party_music50
USDA Zone: z5

Hi :)

Post by party_music50 »

Hi -- brand new here. I saw a link for this site elsewhere, and have now put 2-and-2 together...(duh!). I had posted a general question about HVX/Viruses at another forum and it was apparently answered by the Hallson master himself! Thank you, Chris! :)

I'm off to check out the forums -- and, sadly, to see if I can figure out how to post a photo of one of my hostas for diagnosis. :(
New Topic Post Reply