A new bloom!!

Use this area to discuss pond gardening, bog gardening, and related topics.

Moderator: Chris_W

Hosta12_Ia

A new bloom!!

Post by Hosta12_Ia »

Wow, now I have a bloom on a lily that I have had for a couple of years and never bloomed. Must love all of this heat and humidity. And my favorite flower color..yellow!! It's just a very small preformed pond with 7 gold fish, 2 lilys and a couple of other plants, but I just love it. I hope to make a bigger one some day, but I want to wait until the kids are a little older. Thanks for looking!
Jo

The Garden is a Mirror of the Heart
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

:cool: That's very pretty! I've got to get a pond (even a small one) on list of to-do's next spring! :D
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
Hosta12_Ia

Post by Hosta12_Ia »

You should Jane. It's really not much work and it's so enjoyable. It's right outside the kitchen window and next to our front porch, so I enjoy sitting and feeding the fish and listening to the water. On the rare occasion when we don't have to have the air on and have the windows open :D , I can hear it when I sit at the kitchen table or do the dishes.
Jo
wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

Aren't they a lot of work to keep clean and winterize though? I remember my granny having fish in a pond out back and she'd winter them in the basement! She was always the coolest granny! :D
Hosta12_Ia

Post by Hosta12_Ia »

Jane, I overwinter the lilies AND fish in my little pond with a birdbath heater! I take everything out except part of the water, clean the sides, bottom and filter the best I can in the spring, and walaaaah. Try it, you'll like it! :D
Jo
tsneal

Post by tsneal »

Gorgeous!!
wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

Thanks Jo! :D
New Topic Post Reply