Eucalyptus tree

Use this area to discuss trees, shrubs, and woody ornamentals.

Moderator: Chris_W

Herb

Eucalyptus tree

Post by Herb »

If you're thinking of planting a Eucalyptus tree, I suggest you check how big it may grow. This one at Glendale Gardens looks magnificent, but of course at Glendale Gardens there's ample space for it.

http://www.pbase.com/image/86470402
Last edited by Herb on Sep 30, 2007 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

:o I thought they bushes more than trees. Surprised me! They are huge. I wonder how old that one is?
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

Hmmm....the leaves don't look the same as on my Eucalyptus plant. Are there different kinds of Eucalyptus? Awesome tree, though! What zone is it there?
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
Herb

Post by Herb »

Charla - I'm reasonably sure that it's a Eucalypt of some sort. The Western Gardening Book lists over 50 different kinds, from shrubs no more than around 6 ft high to trees that reach 200 ft.

Our zone here in Victoria B.C. is quite mild & temperate. Being on the west coast of the North American continent gives us a climate very similar to the west coast of Europe at a similar latitude (i.e. southern England and northern France) except that we have drier summers because we're in the rain shadow of the Olympic mountains. Bert
petal*pusher

Post by petal*pusher »

Beautiful tree! The leaves look like one we get in the floral industry called "seeded euc."

There's quite a variety of eucalyptus available...each has that familiar "vick's" smell! Love the frosty color on the leaves!..................p :wink:
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

That's cool! I didn't know there was any but the one kind. I just love this forum! I'll have to watch for it now. I just love my little one that I move in and out of the greenhouse. It's kinda temperamental thru the winter, though....

Nice pic, Herb.
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
KellieD

Post by KellieD »

If you want a good educatiopn on eucalyptus varieties, care and culture, check out www.australiaplants.com

Cool site!
New Topic Post Reply