Witch Hazel

Use this area to discuss trees, shrubs, and woody ornamentals.

Moderator: Chris_W

gamekeeper

Witch Hazel

Post by gamekeeper »

It appears the Witch Hazel will have the honor of first bloom in our NH garden.
Tigger
USDA Zone: 6b - 7a

Re: Witch Hazel

Post by Tigger »

Our first and only, 'Angelly', has been blooming all week. I could even smell it yesterday.
Kas

Post by Kas »

My Arnold Promise has been done blooming for a couple of weeks already. It is still in a pot since I hadn't yet pulled the plants I am replacing with it before it was too late in the season. I have wanted one for decades and finally decided to make room for one. I love it!

Kas
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend; and inside a dog, it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
gamekeeper

Post by gamekeeper »

Well the crocus beat my Witch Hazel it still hasn't popped.Had an unusual plant arrive yesterday,Metasequoia glyptostroboides 'Bonsai' cant't wait to see it with foliage.It is very unusual shape.
gamekeeper

Post by gamekeeper »

My Arnold Promise still hasn't bloomed .
Kas

Post by Kas »

It probably won't now. Mine has been done for a while now. Bummer. But there is always next year. Or does it have buds that still haven't opened?

Kas
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend; and inside a dog, it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
gamekeeper

Post by gamekeeper »

Actually it is loaded with buds and looks promising but seems I remember it being very late last year,but this year has been so mildI thought it would be more seasonal as they claim the bloom in winter.Not here in N.H.
New Topic Post Reply