Idiots in the Dark - Again! Super Blue Blood Moon

This is the off topic area. Stop by to play a game, tell us about your day, or just stop and chat. Politics, current events, or any related topic will be moved or removed.

Moderator: Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
jgh

Idiots in the Dark - Again! Super Blue Blood Moon

Post by jgh »

Idiots in the Dark – Again!

Last August the Idiots drove about 1500 miles to see the total eclipse of the sun. The January 31, 2018 lunar eclipse was a heck of a lot easier. The weather was great at their home in Green Valley, Arizona. Idiot He got up about four AM and took a sequence of pictures. Idiot She and their guests got up about 6:15 AM and said “wow – that’s cool!” and went back to bed.

This was a “coincidental” eclipse that got a lot of attention. It was three unusual types of moon at the same time. It was a “blood moon” – a total eclipse of the moon. It was a “blue moon” – the second full moon in the same month. And it was a “super moon” – which occurs when the moon is at its closest orbit point to the earth. None of those is really rare – but having all three of them coincide doesn’t happen very often. The last one was in 1866.

Idiot He just has a little point-and-shoot camera, but he leaned against his house and got as steady as he could… not great photographs, but kind of fun!

LucyGoose

Re: Idiots in the Dark - Again! Super Blue Blood Moon

Post by LucyGoose »

Thanks Jim! I didn't see it here....I was up, but it must have been hidden. DH said he say it at work....Thanks for sharing your pictures!! :beer:
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

Yes Jim, thank you for the photos. Wasn't a clear night here so I was excited you took photos.
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Those are great!! Yeah, I couldn't see it either...Thank-You!!
New Topic Post Reply