I love lego's

This is the off topic area. Stop by to play a game, tell us about your day, or just stop and chat. Politics, current events, or any related topic will be moved or removed.

Moderator: Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply

Do you still play with Lego's?

Yes! I love Lego's!
88%
No.. Grow up!
13%
What are Lego's? :lol:
No votes

Total votes: 16

Dusty

I love lego's

Post by Dusty »

I was on Andi's thread about babysitting... and started missing kid's. I love Lego's. Do you still play? I do! :lol: One year on Christmas Eve.. hubby and I were playing Santa and Mrs. Claus (I was Santa) :lol: We spent 4 hours playing with the lego's... and to this day.. I still love them!~ ? I'm starting a poll. Um.. if I can figure out how.
~Dusty~
- ô¿ô -

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."
Dusty

Re: I love lego's

Post by Dusty »

:lol: Oh Man.. too bad!! Your kids and grandkids would have a ton more fun if ya digged on lego's. I feel sorry for them.
~Dusty~
- ô¿ô -

steg
USDA Zone: 5

Post by steg »

Lego's were/are still the best. All to the imagination. When we visit my in-laws they still have legos from when my wife and sister-in-law were growing up. Now our kids (5 and 2 1/2) are really getting into them. It's great.
To the world you may be one, but to one you may be the world.

My List: viewtopic.php?f=62&t=48366&p=425413#p425413
JaneG

Post by JaneG »

Yup, grew up with brothers and tons of Lego's . . . . back in the day when you had to use your imagination to make ships, cars, spacemen, etc., because they didn't have all these kits with the extra parts for making Star Wars, Transformers, and other stuff. Everything we made had to be made from various sizes of squares and rectangles, and only came in Red, Blue, Yellow, or White! :lol:

Of course, you didn't want to be around when Mom or Dad would step on one wayward lego in their stocking feet!! :eek:
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
caliloo
USDA Zone: SE PA z6

Post by caliloo »

Of course, you didn't want to be around when Mom or Dad would step on one wayward lego in their stocking feet!!
You still don't! :lol:

Yea, I play Legos with my boys sometimes, but since it is an indoor activity, we usually play in the fall winter.

Alexa
Spring - An experience in immortality.
- Henry D. Thoreau
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

When my kid's were younger, I marveled at the new lego kit's. Boy were they expensive! :lol: When my oldest son was in college, a family he knew lost everything to a house fire. They have quite a few kid's. He came home that weekend, packed up boxes and boxes of Lego's and donated them to the young boy's. I was so proud of my son that weekend. Needless to say, we are a lego free house. .. but that will change once I get some grandkids. If I ever get grandkids! :lol:
~Dusty~
- ô¿ô -

govgirl75

Post by govgirl75 »

Love 'em. My boys are 21 and 18 and we had tons of Legos and the larger Duplos. We are sorting through our basement ( a whole other story) and practically every box I open has at least a few stray Legos on the bottom. I have insisted the Legos be
consolidated into one container. When the kids were little, we played for hours with Legos. They were good on trips with those little boxes that had the Lego mat the blocks attached to. The kids have had all kind of Lego kits (cars, castles, a tank, plane), but the very favorites are the primary color ones. I know they still play with them because when I go down the basement, sometimes I find the Legos out on the carpet, just like when they were little. :)
I am also kind of a junkie for erector sets, Lincoln logs and K'nex. We played with those all the time too. Good times. Great memories.
Glo
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

Well, I hadn't been playing with Lego's lately, but I am babysitting my 9-month-old grandson part-time. My DH and I shopped last week for some toys and we came home with a big bag of giant-sized Lego-type blocks. When I got them out for my grandson, he went crazy!!! It was great!!! He laughed and squealed and couldn't touch each one of them fast enough...

So, I guess I am back in the Lego game! :lol:
Attachments
Legos.jpg
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Oh! He's so cute!!!
~Dusty~
- ô¿ô -

newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

We currently don't have any Legos, but I DO love them. Just like I still love a coloring book and a brand new box of crayons. :lol: I figure one day we'll have more Legos in the house. I just have to wait long enough for some grandkids. :wink:
Charla.....your grandson is beautiful! Please give that precious one a kiss on those adorable cheeks for me! :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

No legos in my house anymore, though there is still a bag of Duplo blocks somewhere leftover from the grandkids. I think all of the family Legos have consolidated at my youngest daughter's house where her 4 boys and their dad have built fantastic creations that covered the top of the pool table. Sadly, the boys are all teenagers now, and don't play with them much anymore. The youngest got them all out one day last fall when I was babysitting, and after building one or two small things he was done...and then didn't want to pick them up. I guess that never changes!
Charla, your grandson is cute as a button. I bet you don't get much done when he's there!
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

:!: G!!
~Dusty~
- ô¿ô -

thy
USDA Zone: 7

Post by thy »

Lego :D :D :D

Do not have any anymore, it is all in my sons house. He have loved Lego and used it for every thing during the years. When he wa 14 they came out with a new hydraulic thing and he wanted it..at year 14 we thought he needed ther things for X-mas, but year by year it still was on his wish list.
When he became 30 it had bee away from the shopps for years, but the compagny helped us out...they found a shop in the other end of the country who had one left :D
When he got it , he told us he would wait and build t when his house was finished enough and he had a big table and the amount of time needed to really enjoy it. He builded it this X-as at the age of 34 and it is the focal thing in his office.
Yes darn expencive I know, but here we can sell it for half price and even expencive it have been used so much it was cheap in the long run

If you haven't figured out yet- Lego is Danish and we are proud abut it :)

Too bad I am accepted for making a poll !!!!
Would have liked to ask you :
1) Do you know what The Little Mermaid is ?
2) Have you ever heard anything about it ?
3) Never heard about it

Reason: Our brilliant politicans have after more than 6 months decided to send the sculpture of The Little Mermaide to China next year for the Expo
The Chineses will send us a copy in the periode when it is gone

I thinnk we were better send some bags of Lego :lol:
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

:lol:
~Dusty~
- ô¿ô -

eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

Thanks everyone for the compliments on my grandson. Linda you are absolutely correct - I don't get a thing done when he is here. Can't wait to get those blocks out again Wed. when he comes! Nothing more fun than watching those little eyes light up! :lol:
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
New Topic Post Reply