What Would You Do?

This is the off topic area. Stop by to play a game, tell us about your day, or just stop and chat. Politics, current events, or any related topic will be moved or removed.

Moderator: Chris_W

What Would You Do??

1.) Igore, everyone knows they are jerks!
64%
2.) Let them know this devaluates!
No votes
3.) Put your own toilet out to get back at them?
No votes
4.) What is your option?
36%

Total votes: 11

kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

What Would You Do?

Post by kHT »

Not an April Fools' Joke! Why is this important? For those that don't know this
we here have a business license, our yard and plants are helping pay the bills.
Folks come and tour the gardens and yes it's a big laugh!! You should hear some
the suggestions. :wink: I'll share them later.
Attachments
DSC00904.JPG
Last edited by kHT on Apr 02, 2009 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Re: What Would You Do?

Post by Ginger »

I know that must drive you nuts, your personality is very devoted to a professional apperance for your business, but having said that, it made me laugh :lol: :lol: I have seen this many times before, toilets, sinks, washing machines, bathtubs.
You could just use it as a laughable point to your customers... "see my neighbors are green! They used their old toilet as a planter instead of filling up the land fills" Then, offer your neighbors some attractive flowers or something to put in it, with a sign, "Donated by Kharma" ...

Best of luck whichever way you go :D (Did I just make a pun :wink: )

Ginger
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

I say ignore them.......Who care's.....it's not you with it in your yard.,.....I bet people will just laugh.....I would......I have seen stuff like this, too.....some stuff is kinda cool with plants in them.....but a toilet is kinda weird.....they prolly did it to just get you going anyway....

Again....just ignore......Hugs!!! :cool:
R. Rock
USDA Zone: 3-4

Post by R. Rock »

Hi,
I assume your neighbor is doing this to show their artsy side and jealousy? I think it is tacky and gross! A relative thought of doing this, I said I would abandem them. The art was not displayed. I would imagine they will dig their own hole, by displaying such.

I would secretly hire one of those naughty neighborhood gangs to crap in it once a week.
Be part of the solution
govgirl75
USDA Zone: 5

Post by govgirl75 »

I'd have it "disappeared".
kHT

Post by kHT »

:lol: Thank you for the input!! :lol: Let me tell you it wasn't cleaned up before it was put there and the plants they put in there
well they are getting fertlized really good. It is also polluting if you know what I mean with all this rain!
My family thinks I'm nuts as Ms Goose states exnoring them is the option I'm taking and as you can see they have hid behind the
bushes from our view. It makes it's statement of how jealous/petty they are and yes they are the laughing stock or the bunt of the jokes
from my visitors and neighbors. But one visitor statements that hit home, you have a business and you keep your property in tip top
shape for years and you sure didn't pull anything like that when they were about to buy? How about putting a for sale sign out?? Do you
think you could sell your house with that next door? You have customers that come to buy plants and they see that and think wow
they are so crazy. I had folks that stopped by the other night to get pots and their dog barked the whole time to the point we had to
take the sledge hammer to the fence to move it back. The big guy that came said, "How can you live by that rudness??"
So we let it go and allow them to look like jerks!!

Some of the ideas:
1) TP the whole yard!
2) Have someone use it!
3) Put up a sign that reads Public Toilet, please flush!
4) Put a box around it and call it an out house!
5) Disappearing Act but again then whom would want to touch it?
6) Move it to their front door,where it belongs!

Keep adding to the list. :lol: Tomorrow is garbage day, do you think they will pick it up?
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
Roxanne

Post by Roxanne »

Karma, How long has it been there? If it's been awhile...even just a few days, I would call a council member and complain. It looks from the picture that the street runs right out front. I bet there's an ordinance in your town that says it's a no-no. If not, there should be!
I assume you don't get along with these neighbors? It's not going to hurt a thing for you to make a few calls and see if someone makes them remove it.
Rox
govgirl75

Post by govgirl75 »

Art is subjective. One woman's trash is another woman's treasure.
Have it disappeared. :cool:
kHT

Post by kHT »

Roxanne, it was put out there on Sunday after we had our second garden tour. There is a long history with these folks, from a school bus, pot smoking, dog charging, car repair with dropping a engine in the street, harrassment like you wouldn't believe and now this!! I was told to put a for sale sign in my front yard or have one big plant sale!! If it dissappears I know nothing just like their cat that they burnt with cigs. It's been a royal nightmare since they moved in. But that is one side, the other 4 neighbors are no better!!
Thank goodness the ones to the north moved and the big white fence stop the others. The drug house we have had the law enforcement out so many times we now photograph it, the one with all nine officers with guns drawn is priceless!! Welcome to my world!!
govgirl75, DS wants to rope it and drive off with it behind the truck!! LOL It's been a great converstation piece since it was placed out there. Anyone got a blow up guy we can strap to it??
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

It doesn't go with their bare yard! :lol: Maybe the trash guys will grab it thinking it was curbed. Although here in NY they trash guys wouldn't take it! :lol:
Man I don't know.. I think I'd get Ty and all his friends to do a midnight dig and ditch! :lol:
Thank you Karma, for reminding me why I live with no neighbors.
~Dusty~
- ô¿ô -

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Karma, Once again, I am reminded of another reason I'm so glad I live in the country.
I guess these people just enjoy being a thorn in your side. Too bad. I'd love to live next door to you!
:eek:
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

Mostly I think just ignore it, cuz if you do something to it, they could find something worse...

A pellet gun or sling shot may be valuable...
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
Spider
USDA Zone: 9A

Post by Spider »

Never heard of "exnore" what is that?

Sympathys on the neighbors, maybe they will forclose.
Spider's Hosta List There are photos there too :)

"I gotta have more cowbell!" SNL

"If your gecko is broken you have a reptile dysfunction."

"If you don't talk to your cat about catnip...who will?"
Roxanne

Post by Roxanne »

Karma, I echo Linda's sentiment. I'm not in the country here.....well, I am! But it is a town in the country, if you get my drift.....we don't even pull the keys from our vehicles here.

I feel bad for you about the neighbors. We have had our share of doozies here as well, and the reason we got this house in 95 was because the guy living here got busted for lotsa pot, I guess it was hanging in the attic . His BIL bought the house as a rental, after he was "detained",..... then we bought it. I even went up and looked years ago to find signs of evidence, guess the invesigators took every last crumb! :D

The home South of us is a Victorian-type home that the owner's wife decided to leave with the kids to Arizona, no hubby in tow. Bank owns it now. DH is already now saying it isn't going to get mowed this spring, so he is obsessing on that.

I am starting to think no neighbors is better!
Hope you find a solution!
Rox
govgirl75

Post by govgirl75 »

Disappear it! Take it to the Habitat Restore and donate it minus the soil and vegetation.
Leave a $5 bill in its' place. Sort of like the Tooth Fairy.
We have frustrating neighbors, too. One side, upwind from us, never cleans up their leaves or other yard trash. It always ends up in my yard. Their rotting vege garden invites vermin and it is just disgusting. The other side is nothing but noise, noise, noise to the point where we cannot be outside
many afternoon and evenings. They power wash constantly and the kids ride mini motorcycles all around the yard. They have an inground pool and feel it is their responsibility to entertain everyone every single day in the summer. Their dogs bark constantly and my husband refers to them as the Bumpas hounds, like in the movie "A Christmas Story". The neighbor across the street had a little dog that they let roam around. I caught the little booger peeing in my garage and coming into my back yard through a picket fence to do his business. We got fed up with that one and captured him one day and painted him up with that colorful, sparkly gel the kids use in their hair and dumped him outside of the fence. He was green and blue and pink and all sparkly. We never admitted to the deed but I heard second hand that the neighbor thought someone must have been displeased with the dog wandering around. Still, they never stopped it. Now their kids are old enough to wander around causing problems. :x
So aggrevating. When I grew up, everyone knew everyone in the neighborhood. All the families helped each other and one of my first memories of plants was my mom and some of her friends trading iris rhizomes, lily of the valley and Rose of Sharon seedlings. I don't know what has happened, but it is very sad.
I am sorry you are having to go through this. Maybe some young entrepeneurs will "borrow" the planter and that problem will be solved. :D
Glo
Mary Ann

Post by Mary Ann »

It's disgusting to look at. There's got to be an prohibiting ordinance. You're in Portland, aren't you?
My Hosta List

The Best Things in Life Aren't Things
Annie

Post by Annie »

Well Karma at least your is just an empty toilet, my neighbor kids actually pooped in their yard :lol:

HEHE, I would go over and compliment them on it, tell them it really brings out their personalities :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually it wouldn't really bother me.
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Annie wrote:
HEHE, I would go over and compliment them on it, tell them it really brings out their personalities :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: That's a good one!
~Dusty~
- ô¿ô -

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

Ignore it...they are entitled to do what they want unless there is some ordinanace. This is America last I checked.

We had annoying neighbors at the last house. So much so we moved. So if you find it that annoying...
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
kHT

Post by kHT »

It would be nice to be able to pick up and leave but that isn't an option with the economy the way it is?
Besides we have lived here over 22 years and why would I want to leave, I have a piece of the pie many drool
over. Dead in street and a lot, well what they say we can now put three homes on? This devaluates what we
have done here, not only ours but all the neighbors and there are many that are trying to sell their homes in this
location so selling and running isn't an option.

We live in an urban outside the city area so the County rules are what matter here. Many neighbors have had problems
with these folks and they do nothing to up keep the house they moved into just 3 years ago. Matter of fact our home
when we moved in was the eyesore of the neighborhoood and we have the gem now that folks stop and look at!! They just
laugh at the folks around us and many say it out loud that you would think folks would take better care.

It is my understanding after talking to code enforcement, an officer will be sent out!

We are planning a plant sale soon maybe a free sign should appear??
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
New Topic Post Reply