Another Milestone

This is the off topic area. Stop by to play a game, tell us about your day, or just stop and chat. Politics, current events, or any related topic will be moved or removed.

Moderator: Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
GrannyNanny

Another Milestone

Post by GrannyNanny »

Hi all -- Just wanted you to know that on Tuesday I washed, folded and put away all of my headscarves! I am getting enough hair so that I can go without them, and boy! does it feel good! I guess that was the final affirmation that I'm not sick any more! I still just have a sort of "cap" of hair all over my head, but I prefer to think of my appearance as "trendy" rather than almost-bald! Woo-Hoo! Phyllis
viktoria

Re: Another Milestone

Post by viktoria »

Maybe scarves were trendy, too? Wash and wear hair is easy, though; no more home perms.

Viktoria
Many a great tune has been played on an older fiddle.
rosemarie

Post by rosemarie »

Victoria is right 'wash and go' hair is great. I have kept mine like that for years! And it is also great that you are healthy again.Congratulations, you win!!!! :beer: Much love, Roemarie
Lovin' the great northwest!
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

Congrats on the awesome news!! Keep taking those steps of life! I have a few feet of hair if you would like some? :lol:
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Great news, Phyllis! I hope you'll never need those scarves again. :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

:beer: (In lieu of a 'thumbs up icon)
Those moments when something like that makes you realize you've come out the other end of the battle victorious are priceless.
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
GrannyNanny

Post by GrannyNanny »

Thanks, everyone. I, too, hope I'll not need them again. However, to be realistic I have to acknowledge that Stage 4 cancer's modus operandi is to keep on coming back, so I have to expect the best but be prepared for the worst. Karma -- would love to have some of that abundant hair, but sticking it on with Gorilla Glue just isn't an option!!! Phyllis
jgh

Post by jgh »

I guess I should come by more often - love to get good news like this! I love your life, Phyllis!
GrannyNanny

Post by GrannyNanny »

Jim -- glad you checked in. You and Sheila have been among my most faithful supporters. I appreciate you! Phyllis
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

:beer:
kHT

Post by kHT »

Jim is so right, your life inspires many of us and I tell folks about your brave battle when I hear that they have cancer.
It is the positive attitude that pulls you to the next milestone. This past week has been hard with two members of my
family having cancer within a week of each other.
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
GrannyNanny

Post by GrannyNanny »

Karma -- I am so very sorry to hear that. It's a hard time for them, but also for you and for others that love them. Give them my best, and tell them that fighting and winning over this stuff is possible! Love to you and them, Phyllis
kHT

Post by kHT »

Thank you GN and I'll do so. My father went in for a hernia and they found he has lung cancer, he was a smoker for most of his 94 years. So if you smoke, please stop!!
Our youngest sister has breast cancer again. Both breast in less than 5 years so she is on a path to remove just to make sure. As we learned at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer
Center, each person has a different fight and it's about a life change and a positive attitude that makes the fight against this disease. A big thank you to those that have fought the battle for the doctors to learn, also.
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
rosemarie

Post by rosemarie »

Sorry to hear about your family members, Karma! But they seem to be getting better and better at beating this disease. Lew and I quit smoking in 1980 together cold turkey and I am so grateful that we did!!(besides have you looked at the price of cigarettes now? How do all these homeless people pay for them? ) How is your yard holding up? At least we got a break in the rain!
kHT

Post by kHT »

Thanks Rosemarie, I heard from my Mom and Dad is now agreed to see the cancer doctors and little sis has stage 4 breast cancer. Lots of prayers needed.

I got the roof on the Brugmansia House today, we added some supports to the old greenhouse due to last weeks wind and I got the temp. cold frame done
on the Eagle's nest base. The kids are gone and it's a great place to store those pots that won't mind being out all winter. Hope you are getting stuff ready
for winter.
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
rosemarie

Post by rosemarie »

I am ready for winter: new light bulbs in the well house, all the sprinklers shut down and the water out doors shut off etc. We have had a couple of pretty days here, now are supposed to get rain for at least a couple of days!
GrannyNanny

Post by GrannyNanny »

Karma -- It sounds as if your family is prepared to give Cancer a good solid run for its money! I hope both of them can "go in and win", as they used to tell boxers when they entered the ring. My cancer was stage 4, and I'm still here to tell about it! As you say, everyone's fight is different, but I'm here to tell you it can be done'1 Love to you and yours, Phyllis
kHT

Post by kHT »

Thank you GN! You have inspired so many here with your health issues and it's because you shared you struggles we all know some day
there will be that cure!
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
New Topic Post Reply