Returned from PEI.

This is the off topic area. Stop by to play a game, tell us about your day, or just stop and chat. Politics, current events, or any related topic will be moved or removed.

Moderator: Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
viktoria

Returned from PEI.

Post by viktoria »

Cannot find this roadside and meadow plant through google or in any of my wildflower books. Surely it must grow somewhere else in the NE as well? It is not fireweed but grows in association with it.
Attachments
Growing together with fireweed (Epilobium angustifolium, Chamerion angustifolium)
Growing together with fireweed (Epilobium angustifolium, Chamerion angustifolium)
The leaves are wider and lighter in color than those of fireweed, as well as toothed and rugose.
The leaves are wider and lighter in color than those of fireweed, as well as toothed and rugose.
Many a great tune has been played on an older fiddle.
GrannyNanny

Re: Returned from PEI.

Post by GrannyNanny »

It's a lovely thing, whatever it is. I want some for my wildflower slope!! Did you bring back any seeds??? Phyllis
viktoria

Re: Returned from PEI.

Post by viktoria »

Impatiens glandulifera is considered a noxious weed, I am told, Phyllis. It was not yet setting seed or I might have collected some. A couple of friends tell me, though, that they cut it back before it makes seeds and they have been able to keep it under control for 20 years and more. Still, all you have to miss is one seed pod...

Viktoria
Many a great tune has been played on an older fiddle.
New Topic Post Reply