Hosta talk on the border

This is the off topic area. Stop by to play a game, tell us about your day, or just stop and chat. Politics, current events, or any related topic will be moved or removed.

Moderator: Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Hosta talk on the border

Post by thy »

Mid September I am going to do a hosta talk in the most southern town or rather village in Denmark.
No it is not the village most southern geographic but it is so weird. The Danish German border is running in the middle of the village and you can stand wit a foot in each country :roll:
The border is a public voted border from 1920, sort of more or less fair all depend on who you ask, but all in all it is voted
take a look at the border stone and place your feets :wink:
D is Denmark

Damn hard to take serious ... right :wink:
Attachments
rudbøl grænse.png
rudbøl grænse.png (72.59 KiB) Viewed 1356 times
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
Linda P

Re: Hosta talk on the border

Post by Linda P »

Do you need your passport to go from one side of the village to the other? :wink:
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Post by thy »

LOL Linda

Fact: Yes
Some years ago there were custom police there.... some time :wink:

Then we joined the Schengen agreement and were told we did not need a passport in EU
- then we were told we needed one... but it could be an old not valid one
- then we were told to use a valid passport
:roll:
Fact, I mostly forget mine... and have never been asked for one in 20+ years. One day I might get a fee or ?....

So if I put one leg at each side ????? ... I do not have a clue :lol: But I might try it... hard to grow up :wink:
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
Carol O
USDA Zone: 4

Post by Carol O »

Why don't they just make up their mind? It used to be that we could go into Canada or Mexico and come back home by saying you were born in the US, now you must have an enhanced drivers license, if you only walk in or drive in, or a passport if you fly. And they have gotten rather expensive. My husband and I just renewed ours so we could go into Mexico on this last trip down to California.

In the States, there is a place, 4 Corners, that you can stand in Arizona, New Mexico, Utah and Colorado. No passport needed, but you better arrive before they close and lock the gate.
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Yes, Pia, it is hard to grow up! On my one trip to Europe (14 years ago!) I had my passport on me whenever we went out of Germany, but was never asked to show it.
Carol, I need to renew my now-expired passport and get one for John so we can go to Mexico this winter. It is so much more expensive now that it was and the form is a lot longer, too, I think. We can't get enhanced driver's license in Illinois, I suppose because we aren't a border state?
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
Carol O
USDA Zone: 4

Post by Carol O »

Linda, I never thought about the enhanced driver's license only being available in states that border Mexico or Cananda. I think we just paid $110 each but the passport picture is now easy. Just walk into a Walgreen and they do it on the spot. I remember our first ones, Tracy did the processing himself in the darkroom.
New Topic Post Reply