CarolO, check in please!!

This is the off topic area. Stop by to play a game, tell us about your day, or just stop and chat. Politics, current events, or any related topic will be moved or removed.

Moderator: Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

CarolO, check in please!!

Post by kHT »

A little windy up your way, hope all is well?
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
Carol O
USDA Zone: 4

Re: CarolO, check in please!!

Post by Carol O »

All is well. There were wind advisories yesterday for Friday night but after the tornado in Longview, WA (Half way between kht and me) the weather center took the advisories down. My daughter says another bad system coming in Tuesday after we get hammer Sat and Sunday with the system now coming in. The Pacific Northwest is making news!
kHT

Post by kHT »

Not good news.....Glad you are okay, I have been thinking about you all day. Hoping the windy this weekend goes away and the snow stays up high in the mountains.
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
rosemarie

Post by rosemarie »

All the heavy weather seems to be mostly missing us , but we have had rain! My 'almost all' brown lawn is now green again, the wind is dropping the leaves and blowing them around. Typical northwest fall weather again. Time for the snow level to be dropping on the east side!! :???:
Lovin' the great northwest!
Carol O
USDA Zone: 4

Post by Carol O »

We're preparing to batten the hatches down again. Another high wind advisory. ms. Toes, are you getting hammered right now?
kHT

Post by kHT »

We got hit hard with wind and rain last night, our circle was totally covered with yellow leaves from a block away. We had some errands to run and then when we got back it took awhile to get the yard back into shape. Just in time for the rain to start and time to go in to watch the Nebraska football game!! :lol: Wind is picking up.
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
rosemarie

Post by rosemarie »

It's been windy and rainy all day, not cyclonic and gushy, but definitly noticeable! At least it will clear all the leaves, I think! :roll:
Lovin' the great northwest!
kHT

Post by kHT »

So far two hours of extremely high winds and some rain. We have lost the largest of the front yellow chain trees and caught it before it came down across the yard.
We are awaiting for the huge trees to come down. What a mess we will have to clean up. DH said I made the windy gods mad when I cleaned up the neighborhood this
am. :o
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
kHT

Post by kHT »

What a difference 24 hours have been! On Sat we had high winds from 1 to 7 PM and after watching the largest of the Golden Chain trees fall it was time to just stay in and watch the trees blow. Praying all the time that nothing else would come down. On Sunday we got up to the yard being totally trashed. Our circle was covered in pine needles and you couldn't see the roadway. So by 8 AM we were out cleaning up the yard, took 8 wheel barrels full off the back to start while DH cut the Golden Chain tree down. By 2ish we had his little Ranger full for a fast trip out to the yard recyclers, then back home for more vacing up of leaves that didn't get into the truck. We worked until the last leaf and pine needles were up at 5:30 PM it was that bad. We were so glad we put in the new section of fence a couple weeks back as the old one would of come down for sure! Today is a day of rest!! I took 18 bags of mulched leaves off the yard so that can tell you how trashed it was, we only have six small trees in our yard out front so glad the neighbors shared and won't have to pick up leaves.
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Post by thy »

karma, glad nothing vere damaged, even you had a lot of Work with the tree :(
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
New Topic Post Reply