How are the Idiots doing these days?

This is the off topic area. Stop by to play a game, tell us about your day, or just stop and chat. Politics, current events, or any related topic will be moved or removed.

Moderator: Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
Diana
USDA Zone: 9

How are the Idiots doing these days?

Post by Diana »

Wondering after how you top that last entry vacation.
Any more plans?
We went to Italy in September and returned with Covid. All those Italians and tourists crowded the streets and no one there (except us) was wearing a mask. Got cured with Paxlovid (the treatment for us old folks).
But I DO miss Idiot He's wonderful, entertaining words and photos of their adventures.
Hope they are OK these days.
-Diana
Chris_W
Administrator

Re: How are the Idiots doing these days?

Post by Chris_W »

Hi Diana!

I have also wondered how the "idiots" are doing and will try to get in touch with them. We also went to Italy this autumn (Western Sicily) and had a wonderful time. Sorry you got covid. I've had it twice myself and just got my new booster last Saturday. Masks are mostly a thing of the past here in Ireland but most people will put one on if they have any symptoms and tests are cheap and easy to get in the shops so we try to stay up on it. But you put tons of people together in crowds and on crowded planes and yes, it still moves around a lot.

Where did you visit on your holiday and how long did you stay? That flight from the west coast must be quite the haul for you so hopefully you were able to spend some good time in Europe :)

Take care,

Chris
Diana

Re: How are the Idiots doing these days?

Post by Diana »

Hi Chris!
We have made many trips to Italy, over the years, mostly exploring the smaller hill towns. This time we decided to revisit some old memories. We spent 3 weeks: Rome, Orvieto, Perugia, Florence, Milan, Verenna (on Lake Como) and flew home from Bologna. I had Covid symptoms on the plane coming home, so I didn't get it in the airports, probably just before. Italy is FAR FAR FAR from California, but lie-flat business class makes that possible for a couple of old people with bad backs.
Hoping you will hear from the Idiots. He is a writer extraordinaire.
-Diana
New Topic Post Reply