phase 3, almost done

Discuss garden design, share general garden pictures, or discuss general gardening topics not specifically related to another subject area.

Moderator: Chris_W

Justaysam

phase 3, almost done

Post by Justaysam »

Almost done. Here is the little pine and some hosta. Next is a rock border up front, then I think that is it for this year. I still have hosta in pots, but they are crammed in pretty close already and will have to be moved around to new beds in the spring. I just want them into the ground so I don't have to try and overwinter them under the deck or something. A new small bed will be made maybe over winter off the back along the ravine, then I'll dig some of these closer ones and put them out there in the spring. I would love to start with the front of this bed, almost full sun during the day, but think I will get healthier plants to purchase in the spring. Or I could start them from seed over winter too.
Attachments
hostaplantings.jpg
picea.jpg
Mary Ann

Post by Mary Ann »

You go, girlfriend. The hostas look grand even after all they've been thru in the last year. My arms ache just thinking about you hoisting all those big pots around.
My Hosta List

The Best Things in Life Aren't Things
JaneG
USDA Zone: 5

Post by JaneG »

Looks great!
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

:cool: That's a job well-done. Won't you just love coming up to the front of your house and seeing that beautiful bed there? :cool:
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
New Topic Post Reply