What sort of trellises, arbors, birdbaths, art do you have?

Discuss garden design, share general garden pictures, or discuss general gardening topics not specifically related to another subject area.

Moderator: Chris_W

wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

:) All the better for those of us viewing them! :) Great clematis! I am hoping mine take off this summer, seems these winters kill mine back horribly till about the 3rd summer. Hoping this year to see some a real show!

Love your yard! :)
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

OK Char! All these great pics and no names. :roll:
That beautiful blue on the bottom, General Sikorski, The President, Ramona, ? Cummon now, we need names! :wink:
wild4flowers

Post by wild4flowers »

Sorry, I have no names. As fanatical as I am about hosta names, and daylily names, I didn't do the same with clematis. CHAR
Midnight Reiter Too

Post by Midnight Reiter Too »

Char, cool pics. Is your house a three bedroom ranch like ours? Do you just have the siding or do you also have brick or stone on the front? We have only siding.
Give a Weed an Inch and it’ll Take a Yard
wild4flowers

Post by wild4flowers »

Ours is a 2 bedroom up and 3rd down (walkout), with the possibility of 2 more down and still a large family room down there also. We have a slider on the back that we recently put in that goes out onto the deck that we also put on. It is pretty plain and I'm trying to spiff it up (garage expansion with extention in front, new siding/roofing) and of course landscaping. CHAR
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Post by thy »

Jane
That arbot is just plain fantabolous :cool:
'Pia
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

Thanks Pia. We have fun coming up with ideas and following through with them one day. Hopefully this summer we'll get to the expansion of it so we'll have 2 benches and a walk in between to the back garden :)
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Post by thy »

Any plans of a summer in Denmark ????
:lol:
Pia
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

Honey you pay the way :o , and we're there! :D

It's not hard to do, just set your mind to it! Actually this change over from play structure to arbor was 3-4 years of reminding dh what I wanted and drawing it up before he took the time to figure out what it would take to build it :)
Midnight Reiter Too

wild4flowers wrote:Ours is a 2 bedroom up and 3rd down (walkout), with the possibility of 2 more down and still a large family room down there also. We have a slider on the back that we recently put in that goes out onto the deck that we also put on. It is pretty plain and I'm trying to spiff it up (garage expansion with extention in front, new siding/roofing) and of course landscaping. CHAR
I started looking at your photos again, and thought it might be a really big house. Our house isn't very big, and the basement has a window but no walkout. New siding, you say? Your house doesn't look very old, but your gardens are more established than mine. I'm so impatient about my yard.
wild4flowers

Post by wild4flowers »

The house was built in 1954. CHAR
Attachments
I guess you couldn't really call this yard art.
I guess you couldn't really call this yard art.
The back yard has posts under the deck that I have just started some clematis on. Not sure if it will be too dark for them.
The back yard has posts under the deck that I have just started some clematis on. Not sure if it will be too dark for them.
You can see the trellis' off to the left x 2. There are 2 more way off to the right.
You can see the trellis' off to the left x 2. There are 2 more way off to the right.
Midnight Reiter Too

Char, I'm impressed that you are working hard on an older home. And thanks for the laugh per your yard art! :D
gardenkat

Post by gardenkat »

I have a cement birdbath and one made of black metal with a glass amber bowl. I have three wooden trellises for my honeysuckle & clematis and a copper arbor for my silver lace vine. I also have an abstract limestone sculpture that I bought at an art exhibit. It's only about a foot high and looks nice in the hosta bed. In addition there are wooden & metal birdhouses, three gazing balls, and other assorted "stuff".
Attachments
SilverLaceVine 9-2003.jpg
When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.
--John Muir
wild4flowers

Post by wild4flowers »

How aggressive is Silver Lace Vine. If I started it at the base of my husbands ham radio tower, just how high would it go? CHAR
gardenkat

Post by gardenkat »

Char, well my silver lace vine is certainly VIGOROUS! It covered half the trellis the first year I planted it. I have to trim it a couple times every summer to keep it down to the size I want. (It would probably be growing up into the leaves of the tree by now if I didn't :lol: ) I've heard it can reach 20 feet in just a couple of years. Mine is in the shade so it might grow even faster if planted in sun.
When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.
--John Muir
New Topic Post Reply