Weather reversal

Discuss garden design, share general garden pictures, or discuss general gardening topics not specifically related to another subject area.

Moderator: Chris_W

rosemarie

Weather reversal

Post by rosemarie »

What happened???? The pacifilc north west was in a summer mode and all of a sudden lit is FREEZING!!!!! Is it freezing for you, Karma and Double Mom or is it just me? Yesterday we went to a nursery called Al's nearby and everything and alll the plants were out, but it was too cold to spend too much time. I did pick up Pulmonaria Berries and cream, which I reallly wanted,Tiarellas Black Velvet and Ink Blot, Heucherella Burnished Bronze and HOstas Marishino Cherry and Undulata Albo Marginata. But there were tons more to see but we were too cold to do any more looking. Thes is a huge nursery and I could spend a week just looking. THe northern end of the vally is just loaded with nurseries, including one called Monrovia that streches for miles. It is like Hog Heaven up there. I trid to get out this afternoon to work, but I got too cold. The weather change was weird.
Lovin' the great northwest!
doublemom2
USDA Zone: 8

Post by doublemom2 »

Well, I just mowed the neighbor's lawn yesterday and mine today in shorts and a tank top, though I was a bit cold until I got warmed up :)

It has been cold at night though, and any of my hostas that were already above ground have gotten frost bite. Even some of my epimediums that were in full flower got bitten by the frost sob! :bawl:

But, we sure need the rain and the snow in the mountains, so I'll just hold my tongue and not complain, the more moisture we can get in these next few weeks, the better off we'll be this coming summer.

By the way, nice haul at that nursery! I'd love to go see Monrovia sometime with ya!!!!

Andi
Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

No frost here or colder temps below freezing here. We are located just above the lake and river so we do stay a little warmer. I was out in short sleeve yesterday planting brugs and have a good start on my farmer's tan. Nice haul and you will love those nurseries, lots to see. Love today's rain so I can get some inside stuff done. :wink:
rosemarie

Post by rosemarie »

It was not as cold today as yesterday. But we too had rain most of the day and even a short thunder storm. And it look like there will be rain for about a week off and on. I will also have time to do inside stuff.
rosemarie

Post by rosemarie »

Look out, PNW,nd we are supposed to get some rain finally and wind. Lew just got all the wind fall cleared out of the trees. We will see! It feels like rain out there and lots of dark clouds. The snow on the mountains behind us was gone but I noticed today it is back out there. So maybe I will get some house work done Yuk!!! I was out in the trees today and there is so much coming up and there is a ton to clean up, but Lew did get the lawn mowed before the rain got here.
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

Ro, we went out today in short sleeve shirts and got our yard mowed also. It was so nice but a bit to cool yet to sink the gallon pots in the ground just yet. We cut the heaters on both greenhouses over a week ago and can't wait to get the brug house taken down. Maybe a week or two more and I can them rest.
rosemarie

Post by rosemarie »

Well, we are back to our old Oregon weather. but that's okay, we really do need the rain. There has teen an almost steady rain not hard, but steady. Jeez the grass will be a foot tall before we can mow again. So I did house work today. AND we are getting snow in the mountains.
New Topic Post Reply