White forsythia, yellow forsythia, and King Alfred daffodils

Discuss garden design, share general garden pictures, or discuss general gardening topics not specifically related to another subject area.

Moderator: Chris_W

Midnight Reiter Too

White forsythia, yellow forsythia, and King Alfred daffodils

Post by Midnight Reiter Too »

I looked out the window this morning to discover that spring is really here! All these plants are in bloom in my yard. One Ice King daffodil is in bloom, too. Others will follow. :)
Give a Weed an Inch and it’ll Take a Yard
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Isn't it great? Spring! Yippee!!!! All my King Alfreds burst into bloom in unison about 4 days ago, and now the others are starting to bloom. This year is the best for daffodil bloom here that I've seen. I have a lot of varieties, early, mid and late blooming, so the show should go on for a while. Yesterday I noticed that the hyacinths are about to bloom, and the crocus are all out. I even had a few snowdrops that I thought were long gone put out a blossom. There are a few early tulips beinning to open, and the promise of bloom to come on the larger tulips. I was feverishly working on the border clean up yesterday when I spotted some tulips that I had planted last fall just nosing through the ground. My older tulip plantings have been up and are producing buds already. The cornelian cherry (cornus mas) and Dawn viburnum are almost done blooming, and the star magnolia is a sight to behold. It looks like a large, looming ghost in the twilight. The redbud blossoms are swelling, and so are the flowering crabs. My, my...it's all going too fast! I haven't taken one picture yet. :(
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
New Topic Post Reply