My latest addition....

Discuss garden design, share general garden pictures, or discuss general gardening topics not specifically related to another subject area.

Moderator: Chris_W

caliloo
USDA Zone: SE PA z6

My latest addition....

Post by caliloo »

I don't do "cute" in my garden so I don't often find new art that I like. This one came from a garden center in Williamsburg - now I just need to find the perfect spot for it.

THe "ball" is a rough hewn sphere of pink granite - tough to tell in the photo.

Alexa
Spring - An experience in immortality.
- Henry D. Thoreau
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

I love it! But with my luck I would place it somewhere and it would tip over and crush someone's foot :P
Hapygdnr

Post by Hapygdnr »

Very Nice! I don't do cute either so I know what you mean. A good find. Thanks for sharing...
Jeanne aka Hapygdnr
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

I really like that! I'm with you...no cute in my garden...
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

Love, but have to admit, I do have some 'cutes' as a result of others buying them as gifts. Whats a good receiver of cute to do :(
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
caliloo

Post by caliloo »

Chris! :lol:

Maybe it is deceptive in the photo, but it really is on the small side. I think the ball could break a few toes, but not sure about the crushing part :eek: :lol:

And thanks for the nice comments everyone - I am happy with it.

As far as people buying "cute" gifts, I bury them in the shed (and write on the bottom who gave me what) so I can put them in an unobtrusive spot when that person visits. I refuse to put something I don't like "front and center" just to make someone else feel good, they will just buy me more "cute" then. It gets stuck in some out of the way corner.

Alexa
- Henry D. Thoreau
caliloo

Post by caliloo »

Chris! :lol:

Maybe it is deceptive in the photo, but it really is on the small side. I think the ball could break a few toes, but not sure about the crushing part :eek: :lol:

And thanks for the nice comments everyone - I am happy with it.

As far as people buying "cute" gifts, I bury them in the shed (and write on the bottom who gave me what) so I can put them in an unobtrusive spot when that person visits. I refuse to put something I don't like "front and center" just to make someone else feel good, they will just buy me more "cute" then. It gets stuck in some out of the way corner.

Alexa
- Henry D. Thoreau
New Topic Post Reply