Garden Bench

Discuss garden design, share general garden pictures, or discuss general gardening topics not specifically related to another subject area.

Moderator: Chris_W

JaneG
USDA Zone: 5

Garden Bench

Post by JaneG »

Hi! I just wanted to post a picture of the newest addition to my gardens.

This bench was a wedding gift from 3 dear friends. They know I love to garden and that since moving into David's place have a whole new place to garden in. They got it a couple months ago but we just got around to picking it up today.

The bench is concrete and can stay out all seasons. The curved seat sits atop the legs, 3 separate pieces.

This location is a bed I helped David put in a couple years ago, but has been VERY frustrating because it's under a red maple and there are poplars nearby. The ground is incredibly dry and the roots of the maple and poplars are VERY invasive. I have an engraved stone in this bed that says "CAUTION - Cranky Gardener", because this bed makes me cranky. But it's in a pretty part of the yard and has a nice view. So I figured if plants won't grow then it would be a good spot for the bench. The bench won't mind the dry ground or invasive roots! :lol:

I had some extra flagstone from previous projects, so I put them in two little paths to the bench.
Attachments
Bench
Bench
Bench2.jpg
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

How lovely!!!!
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
hostaaddict

Post by hostaaddict »

Very nice Jane and I am glad you got your shed. I have one of those concrete benches just like that. They are virtually indestructible. I have purchased others since then that are made of wood and they are rotting already. Your garden is progressing nicely.
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

Love the bench and garden, Jane! The tree doesn't that large yet, could you maybe do a bit of raised bed around the egdes? Like a small berm type that you could then plant in? Just a thought. With a soaker you could water it have the plants you want, but not smother the roots around the tree.

Just a thought. It IS a very pretty view! :D
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

Wow that is really nice and a beautiful place to sit, too!
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
tsneal

Post by tsneal »

Beautiful Jane!!!

Stephanie
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Post by thy »

Very nice

What about some gravel and pots.. :wink:
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
New Topic Post Reply