Photo Practice Shots

Discuss garden design, share general garden pictures, or discuss general gardening topics not specifically related to another subject area.

Moderator: Chris_W

nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Photo Practice Shots

Post by nanny_56 »

I have been working today really trying to get/understand the Shutter Speed PLUS ISO thing today. I think I made some progress finally!!!!!!!!!!!!

These are shots of Echinacea 'Sunset' which has been very hard for me to photograph and capture the true colors that are in it. I think I did very well today...and got a honey bee in a couple shots too! :P

These were taken with a shutter speed of 1/500 and an ISO of 400.

Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
baja220
USDA Zone: 6

Post by baja220 »

Those are nice photos!!!! Can you run back out and take a pic of the same flowers with nothing but Auto so we can see what the difference is?
I haven't had time yet.
nanny_56

Post by nanny_56 »

Okay, here is Auto Mode. Not bad pics...but not as detailed. There is almost exactly an between the times the pics where taken and it is it overcast to partly sunny today.

Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

Wow! What a difference!

Good question, Debbie! Thanks for the demo, Claudia!

I bet, Claudia, that my camera will work with the same settings you use... :wink:
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
Spider
USDA Zone: 9A

Post by Spider »

Hi, great results! Do you find your camera doing this (see photo) with reds and oranges? The Shutter speed = 1/17, apeture= F4.5, ISO=800, it's on auto flower mode. I haven't been able to photo shop fix it.

Spider's Hosta List There are photos there too :)

"I gotta have more cowbell!" SNL

"If your gecko is broken you have a reptile dysfunction."

"If you don't talk to your cat about catnip...who will?"
nanny_56

Post by nanny_56 »

I really have paid attention before to all the 'stuff' before now but yeah. I have really had a hard time with the reds and oranges and I have LOTS of red & oranges!
Claudia
Annie
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Annie »

Oh looks great!!

Reds are the worst to take pics of. I have gotten some pretty good ones by messing with the settings on my camera. But I never remember what the settings I had on my camera at the time :lol:

I need to write it down LOL.
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
Spider

Post by Spider »

On the Fuji S8000 you can go into the playback mode and press the +/- button and it gives you that information. :D (I just discovered that a few days ago, lol) I did notice while looking at the customer's photos all the red things were "too" red. Apparently I don't have anything red to take a photo of so it's not been a problem, except for that canna. (the flower is gone now, so I can't play with it.)

Also in the "Finepix Viewer" the "File/Folder info" will do the same thing. :)

We went to the Zoo this weekend... I LOVE this camera!!!

nanny_56

Post by nanny_56 »

Spider wrote:On the Fuji S8000 you can go into the playback mode and press the +/- button and it gives you that information. :D (I just discovered that a few days ago, lol) I did notice while looking at the customer's photos all the red things were "too" red. Apparently I don't have anything red to take a photo of so it's not been a problem, except for that canna. (the flower is gone now, so I can't play with it.)

Also in the "Finepix Viewer" the "File/Folder info" will do the same thing. :)

We went to the Zoo this weekend... I LOVE this camera!!!

Thanks Spider!
I knew that info was somewhere. :lol: I had to delet theFinepix viewer of the computer as I use Shutterfly and the interferred with each other.
Claudia
baja220
USDA Zone: 6

Post by baja220 »

Wow!!!!!!! :o That's a big difference!!!
nanny_56

Post by nanny_56 »

Spider wrote:Hi, great results! Do you find your camera doing this (see photo) with reds and oranges? The Shutter speed = 1/17, apeture= F4.5, ISO=800, it's on auto flower mode. I haven't been able to photo shop fix it.

It has an auto flower mode??? One reason I have not fiddled with the different mode is that about 3 months ago I broke my mode button off...yep just broke it!! I was so pi**ed off at myself!!!

I tried to duplicate the shots today and not as good today. :evil:
Claudia
Spider

Post by Spider »

:lol: And you've taken far more pictures than I have! :lol: It has flower, sport, sunset, beach, snow, fireworks, night, and more that I can't think of off the top of my head. They are in the menu on SP1 & SP2. Although for some insane reason you can't super macro in flower mode, I have to go back to auto for macro and super macro.

nanny_56

Post by nanny_56 »

I remembered that later. I have SP2 set for night shots! LOL

No macro there ??? DUH

The other thing I find annoying about this camera is that sometimes I have been on Super Macro and want to go back to Macro. Wish you could just go directly there. :???:

What can I say...my camera intimadated me!!! :lol:
Claudia
New Topic Post Reply