Garden Projects

Discuss garden design, share general garden pictures, or discuss general gardening topics not specifically related to another subject area.

Moderator: Chris_W

kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Garden Projects

Post by kHT »

Spring is in the air..... what garden project are we working on??

I have widened the gravel driveway, removed two evergreens, edged the grassy area in the front yard and have redone one of the block walls already.
The walls have to be redone due to the huge tree that dropped across the yard. I have one more to go and want to move the roses before the truck of
bark is delivered. I also have to pull the back yard lower blocks on the circle bed due to I was told they were sunk to low. :bawl: I'm sure there will be
more added to my long list!!
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
govgirl75
USDA Zone: 5

Re: Garden Projects

Post by govgirl75 »

We have much the same list as last year as we were diverted from our intended projects to emergency projects (installation and monitoring of security cameras, squirrel proofing our chain link fence from the aluminum snarfing squirrels, and blocking the myriad of groundhogs digging under the fence into our yard thereby letting our chihuahuas escape).
Priority for spring is to drop 6 fruit trees that have become too large to properly care for. I have already ordered their dwarf replacements and they are in the mail. Our neighbor says I can "easily" knock the trees over by digging around the base, severing the surface roots, and pulling the tree over. I have seen him pull over a 40 foot tree, so my 30 footers should go over without a problem. :o
I had the tiller repaired last fall with the intention of doubling the size of the vege garden and given the rising price of food, this project is also a priority.
Of course, there are a number of other things I would LIKE to get done, but would be thrilled to get these two items taken care of.
Gloria
kHT

Post by kHT »

I have the three walls pulled and back in place. Friday the bark was delivered and in the process of getting that out. The bark photo shows the area where that was
made larger and the shrub is gone at the driveway, with gravel added instead of pavers.
Attachments
last block wall removed
last block wall removed
20110417_61.JPG (18.03 KiB) Viewed 6829 times
just 15 yards this year for the front
just 15 yards this year for the front
20110417_77b.jpg (15.8 KiB) Viewed 6829 times
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
Midnight Reiter

Post by Midnight Reiter »

Wow! I think it would take me a year or two to spread all that mulch, but I'd LOVE to have that project and the mulch to go with it.
I hope some day to meet God, because I want to thank Him for the flowers.
~Robert Brault

kHT

Post by kHT »

Hey SpringDay! Gad to see you have returned and so sorry about the health issues. I feel for you, took a trip off the ladder yesterday and well the old back is really spasming to the point one should move to fast. I was putting up a new PVC trellis for a clematis and the bark was so fresh. I have all the walls back in place and need to work on the last circle bed before saying it's all done. Everything looks so good now with all this fresh bark!! I'll post a link when I get the photos downsized.
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
New Topic Post Reply