Come On Spring!!

Discuss garden design, share general garden pictures, or discuss general gardening topics not specifically related to another subject area.

Moderator: Chris_W

kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Come On Spring!!

Post by kHT »

It is official, today I finished cleaning up the yard!! So many hosta eyes coming up and I'm shocked how soon it is. We have had some 60s days and it's t-shirt weather.
Last frost date here is the 15th of April. I know back east had snow again, sending warmer thoughts.
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
Bob Scott
USDA Zone: 5-6

Re: Come On Spring!!

Post by Bob Scott »

It's been a crazy spring. We went from the 60s one day and 12-14 inches of snow the next. Below normal temps for march but things are looking up now.
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

I hear ya!! A few days in the high 70s and all the sudden we are back into the 50s and rain!! I had to remove all the plants from the brug house or they
would of fried!! They are enjoying the freedom of room to grow. One was up to the roof already!! You should see all the flowers that are in bloom here!!
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
viktoria

Post by viktoria »

Spring IS coming!
Attachments
GalanthusFlorePlena2.jpg
Many a great tune has been played on an older fiddle.
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Crocus and snowdrops are the only thing blooming so far. There are buds popping everywhere. I noticed the first buds shooting up on daffodils this week, and the Dawn viburnum is about to bloom. But it's been cloudy and rainy. We had two days that brushed the 70's, then we ended up sitting on the cold side of the line this big storm is following. I'm happy we are not in line for the foot and a half of snow that's bearing down on Minnesota and N. Wisconsin, and we're north of the tornadoes. We're going to have a late spring this year, compared to the earliest on record last year.
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
New Topic Post Reply