yellow impatiens

Use this area to talk about tender plants such as annuals, tropicals, and houseplants.

Moderator: Chris_W

Annie
USDA Zone: 5

yellow impatiens

Post by Annie »

This is the first time I have ever seen these. Only got one plant, should have gotten more! They are pretty cool.
Attachments
yellow flower 4 mgi.jpg
yellow flower 4 mgi.jpg (20.32 KiB) Viewed 1733 times
yellow flower side view mgi.jpg
yellow flower side view mgi.jpg (18.11 KiB) Viewed 1733 times
yellow flowermgi.jpg
yellow flowermgi.jpg (14.77 KiB) Viewed 1733 times
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
Snow

Post by Snow »

That's unusual looking - the bloom :o I would love some pale yellow impatiens - hopefully they are soon to come.
~*Snow*~
Tigger
USDA Zone: 6b - 7a

Post by Tigger »

Where's Ripley (Sigourney Weaver) when you need her? That thing looks positively other-worldly!

Is the plant well-behaved?
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

The flower form reminds me of the wildflower, Spotted Jewel Weed. Also in the impatiens family.
madmama

Post by madmama »

Burpee carries these seeds. They call it Blondie, there is also a taller version called African Queen. They call them African Impatiens. From the pictures they remind me more of a Balsam rather then Impatiens. Maybe I’ll have to get some seed next year and give them a try. I love trying new things.

OED, did you know that they use Spotted Jewel Weed for relief from Poison Ivy and other skin disorders. Never talked to anyone that has tried it so I don’t know if it really works.
<font size="+2" I>Jane<I/font>
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

I have heard that. Your supposed to crush the jewlweed leaves, stems, etc and rub it on the exposed areas. Never tried it. Never seemd to find the Jewel weed when I was in the poison Ivy. Sure ain't gonna go outta my way to put it to the test either. :eek:
It's also supposed to relieve stinging nettle :o . That's another one I ain't gonna make any extra effort to test. :wink:
PeggyB

Post by PeggyB »

I've heard about the yellow Impatiens but hadn't seen them until last week! I didn't buy any but am thinking I may go back tomorrow and save one or three! :lol: I'll do my best to over-winter them. They're for sure on the pricey side for even a premium annual.
New Topic Post Reply