Can anyone ID this plant please?

Use this forum to discuss hardy perennials and bulbs. Full shade plants should go in the shade gardening forum.

Moderator: Chris_W

flowercrazy44

Can anyone ID this plant please?

Post by flowercrazy44 »

Hi
Just wodering if anyone can ID this plant as i have them growing in different spots throughout the gardens. I hope you can see the pic okay as I tried taking a few of them.
Attachments
plant 1.jpg
plant 1.jpg (15.07 KiB) Viewed 1310 times
plant 2.jpg
plant 2.jpg (14.94 KiB) Viewed 1310 times
Patricia
"flowercrazy44"
BillyB
USDA Zone: 6B

Post by BillyB »

Hens and Chicks??
BillyB
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world." - John Muir
My Hosta List
flowercrazy44

Hens and Chicks?

Post by flowercrazy44 »

No it's not that as i was thinking more a long canterbury bells (cup and saucer) I have hens and chicks in another garden. I planted some canterbury bells last year but they didn't flower so I am wondering if it's them coming back this year. I planted so many perennials that I can't remember what's what so this year I will be tagging them all.
Thanks
Patricia :D
Patricia
"flowercrazy44"
KellieD

Post by KellieD »

That does look like a campanula foliage.
petal*pusher

Post by petal*pusher »

The foliage does resemble Canterbury Bells.....which have always performed as a BIENNIAL for me!

That first year, they work at roots and leaves.....then blossom nicely the 2nd year......but never return again.....p :(
flowercrazy44

Post by flowercrazy44 »

:P Thank you so much as yous all have been a wonderful help.
I am pretty sure it is canterbury bells. I divided a few of them and have them in different places so hopefully they will grow. Yeah I heard they don't come back after the second year and you have to keep replanting them. :cry: They are such a beautiful flower.
Again thanks
Patricia
Patricia
"flowercrazy44"
New Topic Post Reply