Hardy Geraniums

Use this forum to discuss hardy perennials and bulbs. Full shade plants should go in the shade gardening forum.

Moderator: Chris_W

doublemom2
USDA Zone: 8

Hardy Geraniums

Post by doublemom2 »

These are such wonderful plants, there is one for almost any situation from full sun to full shade. Of course, I like the ones that are always harder to find LOL!
Attachments
Geranium Taffs Jester 051706.jpg
Geranium Margaret Wilson 051706.jpg
Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

I like them, too, Andi. Your pics reminded me of one plant that has been missing so far this spring. I have to go out today and see if my g. phaeum is up yet. I was looking at the empty spot the other day and trying to remember what was there last year. Some of mine have taken a while to settle in, and others just take off from day one. Some seem to be short-lived here in the midwest, looking fine for 3 years or so, and then they just disappear.
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
Homer_Zn5

Post by Homer_Zn5 »

I got a few in trades a few years ago, and have really enjoyed them and all their little seedlings. I am really looking hard at a variety called 'Hocus Pocus,' with deeply divided red foliage. Does anyone have experience with this one? It's a bit on the expensive side, so I'm thinking twice before buying.
"Purveyor of Trivialities and Fine Nonsense."

Homer's Hosta List
oldcoot

OC didn't know

Post by oldcoot »

Tha Geraniams were perrenials. He has one he is getting ready to put out in the yard.(in his shade bed) IF you dead head the blooms, will they re-bloom ? (A friend gave me one and the blooms were almost shot (free), Just wondering. OC
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
Dee
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Dee »

It depends on the variety, OC. Some are one time bloomers, but others bloom in spring and again in fall....while others (like Rozanne and Jolly Bee) bloom all summer long. It will just be a surprise for you (unless you know which one you have)! There are so many of them and they are beautiful additions to the garden. :D
Kas

Post by Kas »

And a big thank you to Andi for sharing some of here Martha with me! Also a couple more. I came home with quite the load of goodies. I still need to rearrange some things to make room for them all! Next years garden is going to be fabulous!

Kas
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend; and inside a dog, it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
oldcoot

hanks

Post by oldcoot »

No name was in the pot, So I'll give it a try and see......
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
New Topic Post Reply