OC 's 07 Perennials

Use this forum to discuss hardy perennials and bulbs. Full shade plants should go in the shade gardening forum.

Moderator: Chris_W

oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

Nandina Berry

Post by oldcoot »

:D :D :D This concludes all the macro shots OC has made with his 300 mm lens. WC says temps in the low to mid 60's Tuesday on. So maybe OC can get out and see what's new.

This is a Nandina Berry from a bush that grows right by OC's sidewalk. Berries are very small, about half the size of a pea.

OC saying gosh it works.............
Attachments
NANDINA BERRY 01-07-07 DPD.jpg
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
Midnight Reiter Too

Post by Midnight Reiter Too »

I love the pictures! It will be quite some time before we see blossoms here in northern Indiana.

BTW, Iris reticulata have always been some of my favorites.
Give a Weed an Inch and it’ll Take a Yard
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Morning John!!

Great shots! I really like the iris shot....were you on your belly taking that one? :lol: Here in Georgia, it's nice and sunny.....still need jackets though and I have not seen one hosta... :lol:

Thanks for sharing!! :D
oldcoot

Morning Miss Lucy

Post by oldcoot »

No, OC won't do THAT ! If he did he would have to call Joy to come help him back up (really bad knees) that is why he has to stay on the scooter. He actually backed away from it until, it was in focus. Cropped a good bit.......Lucy it is still too early for Hosta, in about a month. Supposed to warm up to the 70's by week-end. That out to bring out the tulips and regular hyacinths..... be careful coming back. still lots of snow up your way,......Coot
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
Midnight Reiter Too

Post by Midnight Reiter Too »

Pieter posted the irises. But I love all the pictures. John, you're just making us jealous. :D We must wait and wait and wait for spring.
Give a Weed an Inch and it’ll Take a Yard
oldcoot

And here they are

Post by oldcoot »

In a macro shot above, these were labeled as tulips, but boy did OC get a big surprise. Turned out to be beautiful Hyacinths. Here they are in full bloom. Joy loves these and likes for to me to plant more every year, but that bed is just about to run out of space.....

OC hopes you enjoy them as much as he and Joy and did
Attachments
Blue Hyainths.jpg
Blue Hyainths.jpg (42.35 KiB) Viewed 1547 times
07 Hyacinths - Macro -3 (2).jpg
07 Hyacinths - Macro -3 (2).jpg (31.01 KiB) Viewed 1547 times
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Hey John...whats that smell?? I smell those Hyacinth way up here! :lol: :lol: ...I love them too!!

Thanks for sharing!!! :D
oldcoot

They are lovely

Post by oldcoot »

and yes they really do smell good..Joy loves them too..Sides that, they make nice pictures with that color...Coot
oldcoot

Pretty Daffodils

Post by oldcoot »

:eek: :eek: :eek: with Miss Joy Gone, OC has full control of the computer tonight. By now he has USUALLY GONE ON TO BED AND she is playing games on it . So He is posting some pictures tonight instead of tomorrow when he plan to edit a few more he took this afternoon. Will certainly be more alert then.

Yellow Bells wee being photographed when OC spotted the Anole.

Enjoy Joy's Absence.......OC sure is..........So Quiet....
Attachments
07 YELLOW BELLS (2).JPG
07 YELLOW BELLS (2).JPG (39.43 KiB) Viewed 1511 times
03-15-07 DAFFODILLS (2).JPG
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Awwwwww, I am telling Joy that you were up late, Coot!! :lol: You just be good now, and NO going off the scooter!! :evil:

Nice spring pic's Coot!! Thanks!! :D
JaneG
USDA Zone: 5

Post by JaneG »

Hey Coot, those are lovely!

Now that the snow has melted I can see the green noses of daylilies, tulips and peonies poking up through the soil. Hooray!!

Keep the pictures coming!
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
oldcoot

No need to worry Lucy

Post by oldcoot »

:D :D :D Pouring down rain. YARD UNDER WAtER AGAIN. So sit WILL be next week before OC can get out again anyway, even if Joy were here...........
Attachments
07 Macro - Pickwick Crocus.jpg
07 Macro - Pickwick Crocus.jpg (42.09 KiB) Viewed 1496 times
Libby

Post by Libby »

More pretty flowers to come after all that rain!
oldcoot

And OC is sure ready

Post by oldcoot »

Nothing brightens OC's day :D :D :D like a new flower in bloom........Thank you Lord for all you are growing so beautifully for OC.
oldcoot

Pot of Anemonae

Post by oldcoot »

:lol: :lol: :lol: While siting in his chair on the Deck the other afternoon staring into his pots to see what had been going on, he saw this pot of Anemone putting out greenery, Looked so pretty, he just decided to take a picture of it and show to you.......

OC saying thanks for looking............
Attachments
Anenonae spring up Frame (4).jpg
Anenonae spring up Frame (4).jpg (32.55 KiB) Viewed 1376 times
oldcoot

Hyacinth in Macro

Post by oldcoot »

Just found this one in his 2-B-edited file.

A really pretty blueish purple, Hyacinth in full bloom - a Macro shot, and a pretty Grape Hyacinth in almost full bloom - Macro also

Hope you enjoy it as much as OC and did. Smelled great too, Joy said....
Attachments
Early Grape Haycinths -Macro Hrz.jpg
Early Grape Haycinths -Macro Hrz.jpg (47.59 KiB) Viewed 1369 times
Hyacinh in full bloom - Macro HRZ (2).jpg
Hyacinh in full bloom - Macro HRZ (2).jpg (43.94 KiB) Viewed 1369 times
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

You've sure been having some pretty spring blooms, OC!! :P Thanks for sharing them. The dark blue hyacinths & grape hyacinths are always favorites of mine. :cool:
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
oldcoot

They are some of Joy's too

Post by oldcoot »

Got the grape ones all overf the yard and in pots on OC's deck. Glad you liked them..........OC
oldcoot

Joy's favorite tulip

Post by oldcoot »

:D :D :D This is a Parrott Tulip i full bloom. We had a nice raing yesterday and OC hopes to be able to take pictures of some of the others over the week-end.....

Enjoy OC
Attachments
Parrot Tulip Framed hrz.jpg
Parrot Tulip Framed hrz.jpg (40.24 KiB) Viewed 1356 times
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

WOW!! That's a beauty, OC!! 8-)
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
New Topic Post Reply