ID help - I saw a shrub at our Home & Garden show.

Use this forum to discuss hardy perennials and bulbs. Full shade plants should go in the shade gardening forum.

Moderator: Chris_W

Pandora
USDA Zone: z5 OH

ID help - I saw a shrub at our Home & Garden show.

Post by Pandora »

It looked a little like the picture, but there were no stamens. This is not the picture, just something similar if found on the Web. There was a darker pink one that the bloom was solid. The lighter pink one (about the shade of the picture was more white in the center and pink on the edge). There was no one at the booth to ask and a passerby thought it was an azalea.

I don't think it was an azalea. I am in zone 5, Ohio, so they try to show the plants that would grow here, but sometimes they stick houseplants in the dispay gardens.

Any guesses what has that type of open bloom?? And blooms are in the pink family.

Thanks,
Attachments
LauraMorland-azalea.jpg
Noxtra

Post by Noxtra »

Google florist azaleas They can be forced into bloom in the greenhouse and are used this time of year to pretty-up booths at garden shows!!!

Lee
Pandora
USDA Zone: z5 OH

Post by Pandora »

OK, thank you. I'll take your word for it. The only pictures that my google searching returned were so small that I could barely tell they were a flower.

I know they sneak some impossible things into some displays and that is always what DH sees and wants our yard to have. :-?
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

That's really beautiful. I can see why that caught your eye. :)
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
New Topic Post Reply