Could be Spring is on the way!

Use this forum to discuss hardy perennials and bulbs. Full shade plants should go in the shade gardening forum.

Moderator: Chris_W

Minnow
USDA Zone: 6
Location: Henderson County 35 19' 12.15" N 82 35' 40.40" W Elevation2143

Could be Spring is on the way!

Post by Minnow »

:D At least here in Western North Carolina! :o I have no idea when or where this crocus came from! :-? I sure didn't plant it there! But I sure do like seeing it! :wink:

What do y'all think? :P
Attachments
Whoo Hoo! Crocus!
Whoo Hoo! Crocus!
Elizabeth

No man needs a vacation as bad as the man who has just had one.
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

:cool: I think you should send Spring this way! :D
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
caliloo
USDA Zone: SE PA z6

Post by caliloo »

I saw my first robins of the season today! I think that means spring is getting closer to me too.....

I am soooooooooooo ready!

Alexa
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

I think your very lucky!! :cool:
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

O.C. loves his Crocus.

Post by oldcoot »

Pretty picture, pretty crocus. O.C. loves Crocus. He does believe that here in the Carolinas, it's trying to come. he has daff's that are now putting on heads and if it wasn't raining, and he could go look, he believes that some would be blooming today or tomorrow.....Come on Spring.......

That Funny and VERY Friendly Old Coot , named John, saying, "SPRING" is coming and in just 27 more days" and counting !!!
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
BillyB
USDA Zone: 6B

Post by BillyB »

King Alfreds are blooming. Forsythia has a couple of blooms, and the hellebores are going strong. My carolina jasmine is real close. But what blew me away were these pink cherry trees (I think) that have been in full bloom the last week. These trees are about 18-20 feet tall and standing in front of a large concrete parking garage facing south. Has their own liitle micro climate. Must be 10 or more of them. Such a beautiful sight this time of the year.
Almost forgot, Red Wing Blackbirds are back. Usually means about 2-3 weeks before things really start sprouting.
Billy
BillyB
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world." - John Muir
My Hosta List
New Topic Post Reply