Calla lily blooms

Use this forum to discuss hardy perennials and bulbs. Full shade plants should go in the shade gardening forum.

Moderator: Chris_W

FreakyCola
USDA Zone: 5

Calla lily blooms

Post by FreakyCola »

If you cut off a calla lily bloom, will it grow another? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

My callas don't seem to flower a lot and I wondered if it's coz I don't deadhead them.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Hi Freaky!!

Can't help ya, cause I just planted my first Calla's today....Good question about dead heading....I usually do too much of that and make certain plants cry....:lol: Hope someone (Karma maybe??) knows and will let us know....
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

Depends on the variety, size and age of the clump. We have white ones we can cut most of the time and they keep shooting up more blooms. But this is a clump that is over 10 years old. Then we have 5 smaller colored ones that once is all you get so if you want seeds leave them alone and enjoy the blooms outside. :wink: That reminds me I have seeds to plant today! :wink:
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

O.C. hasn't been able to cut his

Post by oldcoot »

and have them rebloom. Plus then you get nice seed.

Once is all O.C. has ever gotten..................

That FUNNY and VERY FRIENDLY Old Coot saying, he SURE is glad Spring is finally here....
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
New Topic Post Reply