mistery plant

Use this forum to discuss hardy perennials and bulbs. Full shade plants should go in the shade gardening forum.

Moderator: Chris_W

webblock

mistery plant

Post by webblock »

I'm in Michigan zone 4 1/2 There is a lovely shrub all over the place around here that is blooming right now (June 19) I'd love to buy one but nobody knows the name and I have no friends who have one to spare. It has pendulous purple blossoms like a wisteria or sweet pea blossom. The leaves are small, something like a locust tree. I also need to know if I could transplant a penstemon and a short variety of delphinium after they bloom or should I wait till fall or next spring. Thanks, new member Webblock
KellieD

Post by KellieD »

Sounds like indigofera to me. Description is dead on and could possibly be indigofera pendula.

Go ahead and transplant the perennials after they flower. Just make sure they are well watered before you dig, and water them well when they are in their new home.
webblock

Post by webblock »

Do you know where I could get one either online, catalog or within 50 miles of Standish Michigan ? Is there a common name? Webblock
New Topic Post Reply