Echinacea 'Big Sky Sunrise'

Use this forum to discuss hardy perennials and bulbs. Full shade plants should go in the shade gardening forum.

Moderator: Chris_W

Doris_J

Echinacea 'Big Sky Sunrise'

Post by Doris_J »

One of you Hallsonites shared a picture of a yellow Coneflower (Echinacea) this summer, and I was hooked. I finally found a source in my area today and promptly paid too much money for it. Besides being a yellow/peach Coneflower, it also has the good sense to have a wonderful fragrance!

(Yes, I know you don't need to see three pictures of her, but she's my new baby, and I must show her off!)
Attachments
bigskysunrise3.JPG
bigskysunrise4.JPG
bigskysunrise1.JPG
Kurt5

Post by Kurt5 »

Those look great, Doris. It's funny how popular echinacea have become in the last few years. Seems like there are at least a few new interesting varieties each year. I never grew them till I moved to this old house, where there were drifts of them (plain pink) in the back yard. I didn't think much of them at first, but they really grow on you. Such long bloom time, with nice seedheads into winter. The birds and bees just love them. And they're so tough, to boot. I'll have to keep my eye out for the pale yellow.
Dee
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Dee »

Yummy Doris! I have that and Sunset (orange) along with the Art's Pride and whatever the skinny petaled yellow one is called too. I like them all! Thennnnn when I was out a couple of weeks ago I saw one called Twilight, I think? But it just looked like Sunset to me. I'm sure there is supposed to be a difference, but I wasn't seeing it :???:
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Pretty! :D
New Topic Post Reply